Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back yard photos, BMX and Brian

M2B =) days 287 - 294.  Thursday, November 18th - Thursday, November 25th.

Thursday, November 18th happiness:  Back to school today.  It was nice to see my kids.  They missed me =).  Also, when I got home, I kept checking the back yard to make sure it wasn't all just a dream.  It's still there.


Friday, November 19th:  Our school had a fundraiser a while back.  Part of the incentive was that the kids would get to have a BMX bike show at our school.  Three riders came and they put on an awesome show for the kids.  It was pretty amazing.
Yeah, he landed that.  Whatever.

Saturday, November 20th:  Today was pretty much happy from start to finish.  The day started with pumpkin muffins for breakfast.  Yum.

Then, we went and saw Harry Potter.  Amazing.  Loved it.
Elmers for lunch.  Need I say more?

I spent the majority of my afternoon lounging on the bed, reading.  My husband was outside putting up these:
Oh Happy Day!

Sunday, November 21st happiness:  I finished my book today.

Joe and I have been enjoying our back yard.  The weather was gorgeous this afternoon.  We took our books outside and read and hung out until dark.
The clouds looked awesome tonight - very purpley.  I loved it.
Also tonight, someone was having a real wood fire in their fireplace.  It smelled like Christmas outside.  It brought back childhood memories of being at my Aunt Vickie's house in the winter, when she would have a real wood fire burning.  It smells so good.

Monday, November 22nd happiness:  I got to talk to Sheri on the phone tonight for a long time.  She is one of my most favorite people, and we don't get to spend hardly any time together.  It was fun to be able to talk a while.  My sister is awesome.

Tuesday, November 23rd happiness:  Joe and I hung out in the back yard again.  Thanks Brian!  Joe is eating cereal here:
We let Tiger out for a bit, so he could enjoy the new yard too.  He liked to roll around on the patio.
The sunset was ah-mazing tonight.  
The sky was gorgeous.  And, no, these photos are not touched up or enhanced in any way.  That was the real color.  Arizona sunsets are the best.
Tonight was chilly, so Brian made me a fire.  I snuggled up on the floor next to it and warmed my toes - delightful.
Wednesday, November 24th:  Jared Ammon must be home for Thanksgiving because I actually caught a glimpse of him today.  It was nice to see his face.  I haven't seen it in a while.

Tonight Joe and I watched Merry Madagascar.  I thought it was quite funny.  We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Joe and I hung out on the bed tonight.  He told me stories.  I would give him 3 elements that he had to include, and then he would make up a story for me.  For example, I would say "Pillows, pixie dust, pickles" and then he would make up a story that included all three of those things.  It was fun.  Joe is very creative.

Thursday, November 25th:  Happy Thanksgiving.  We ate, we hung out with family, we ate some more.  It was awesome.  I took like a million pictures today, but all you are getting is one:
Brian and Max watching football.

Happy Day!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Your backyard looks great! In this great weather it's nice to have a yard to lounge around in and enjoy.

Brian said...

Forget the yard, did you see how perfectly straight the Christmas lights are?!?!?! Yup...that's awesome!

LauraB said...

Uh...not so, my friend. That last red bulb is not hanging out as far as the other ones! But keep trying - perfection is close!

Teresa said...

Oh Brian, did we forget to pat you on the head? Yes, you did an aweesome job. Really, I planned on telling you in person. We had a big award ceremony planned in your honor, but you didn't show up yesterday to get it. What a shame. We had a marching band and everything.

Sheri said...

Teresa cracks me up. I'm lovin' Joe's pink slippers.

Brian said...

Teresa, you are SOOOO funny...looking. It's nice that you planned this big celebration in my honor though. But with me being such a big deal, there is always that chance that I have somewhere more important to be!

Laura, I think your eyes are crooked.