Monday, December 13, 2010

Disneyland =)

M2B =) days 281 - 286.  Friday, November 12th - Wednesday, November 17th.


Friday, November 12th happiness:  Tonight when Brian got home from work, he brought me these:
stripey mittens!  I love them of course.

Saturday, November 13th happiness:  We packed up the car and headed West.  Joe has been counting down to this day for a long time.  We have had this trip planned since March, I think.  California, here we come.

I saw this license plate and immediately thought of Paul.
=)

This is what happens when we are driving and Nada Surf comes on the radio.
This is what happens when we get to Embassy Suites Anaheim South:
If you know Joseph at all, you know that this is his favorite place to stay.  

When my boys are happy, I am happy.

Sunday, November 14th happiness:  Beach Day!  Are there 2 happier words in the English language?  I think not.

We had a lazy afternoon at Newport Beach.  It went by way to fast for my taste, but I'll take what I can get.

It was a little sunny at first.  Joe had to find shade where he could.

The sunset was gorgeous, of course.
This is what it looked like through my sunglasses.  It was so pretty, I had to take a photo.  
I got myself a beach read - The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale.  I wasn't expecting much, just a fun beach read, but I really like the way she writes.  She has a dry sense of humor and I found myself laughing out loud, a lot.  Can't wait to finish this one.

Monday, November 15th:  Disney Day.  In case you didn't know, or haven't seen Joseph's blog, he LOVES Disneyland.  We had a great day.  Here is Joe at the Haunted Mansion.
I love the Haunted Mansion this time of year.  Here is a photo I found of the Jack gingerbread house.  Awesome.

That night we watched the Christmas parade and waited around for the fireworks show.  They made it snow.  It's fake, but still pretty.


Before we left the park, we had to stop by It's a Small World.  It is gorgeous all lit up at night.

I love Disneyland at Christmas time.

Tuesday, November 16th happiness:  

This morning it looked like this outside our window:

Fog, yay!  It lasted most of the morning.  Loved it.  I didn't feel like lugging my camera around all day today, and I figured that we have a ton of photos of us at Disney and California adventure anyway, so no photos today.

We spent most of the day at California adventure.  No lines at Tower of Terror - woo hoo!  we went like 3 times in a row.  I could go on that ride all day.   Screamin' is Joe and Brian's favorite, but for some reason, I just can't take roller coasters the way I used to.  I love the ride while I am on it, but afterwards, I just feel dizzy.  I'm getting old.  We had a super fantastical day.

Wednesday, November 17th:  Home.  It was nice to get back and see Bob and Tiger.  Also, Brian had an awesome surprise waiting for me.  A new back yard!  Woo hoo.  My back yard has been weeds and dirt for so so so long.  It was depressing.  He had the guys come in and do it while we were gone.  Grass, trees, plants, patio.  It's awesome.  It was dark when we got back, so it was hard to see, but I kept staring out the window.  I am so so happy!

Happy Day!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Can I borrow that book?

Sounds like you had an awesome time!

Karen Lambson said...

Post some pictures of your backyard. When are we having a BBQ?

Kim said...

If I ever get patio furniture or a grill then I will invite you over for a bbq. If you don't want to wait until then, you can come over and sit in the beach chairs with me. That's what Joe and I do.

Teresa said...

I had a hard time reading this post. Your playlist includes Jack's favorite song and he kept turning up the volume on the computer and insisting I sing with him.

Oh, very jealous...I so wanted to do Disney this Christmas season!

And, yes, please post pics of the new yard.

Kim said...

What is Jack's favorite song?

Teresa said...

Guster's What You Wish For...he is singing to it as I type.

Karen Lambson said...

You need to post pictures from our FHE as I didn't get any.