Thursday, June 2, 2011

Castle, cookies, baseball and goodbyes.....

M2B =) days 455 - 460.  Thursday, May 5th - Tuesday, May 10th.

Thursday, May 5th happiness:  In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we had Mexican food of course.
Also tonight, as an early mothers day present, Brian stayed home from volleyball.  This may not sound like a big deal, to you, but believe me, it is.  Brian does not miss volleyball for ANYTHING.  He still goes when I am sick.  He still goes when HE is sick.  He just does not miss.  So, I thought it was incredibly sweet when he said that he was going to stay home with me instead.  Maybe they cancelled volleyball, and he just TOLD me that he was choosing me over it, but whatever the reason, he was home tonight and I was happy.  We curled up on the couch and watched Castle.

I may love Nathan Fillion just a little bit.  It was a good night.

Friday, May 6th happiness:  One of my kids brought me this today for teacher appreciation week:
If you can't read it, it says: "Dear Mrs. Horak,  You are the sweatest teacher ever."  I really hope he meant "sweetest".  I would hate to be his sweatest teacher ever.  That's not something you want to be remembered for.

Saturday, May 7th:  I don't know if I should technically count this as happiness, since I am not too happy about loosing my brother and his family to Texas, but I guess I am happy (and a little jealous) for them and their new adventure.  I guess the happy part was spending the evening with his family.  We gathered at my mom's to say goodbye to the Jared and Tricia Lambson family.  

I can't believe that I didn't take more photos, and I can't believe that the one photo that I got of Jared and Tricia, that they both had their eyes closed.  What an excellent photographer I am!
I was too busy focusing on the kids I guess.  Anna is a little sad about leaving.
James is ready to go!
I am going to miss these cute faces:

It was a fun night.  We put together a basket of things they will need in Texas.  It included things like hairspray, bug spray, football movies, country music, cap guns, bandanas, and Texas toast.  We will miss them!

Sunday, May 8th happiness:  Happy Mothers Day!  I had a happy day.  Joe got me a movie -The Tourist.  Can't go wrong with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp.  Guess what Brian got me?
Yup!  I get to go see Les Mis.  Woo hoo!  I am super excited.  

Monday, May 9th happiness:  No pictures today, but my happiness today was the gorgeous weather.  It was a much cooler day.  I loved it.

Tuesday, May 10th happiness:  I finally made it to one of Rowan's games.  His last one.  Oh well.  I am so glad I went.  I got to hang with my brother, and with Steve and Sara Jones.  Trevor and Rowan are on the same team.  And, It was actually cold.  I can't remember ever feeling cold in the month of May.  Fantastic.


He made it to first base and then got a little shy.
He got over that shyness pretty quick.  Here he is running home.  He swung his arms around the whole time he ran.  It was awesome.  
I wish I had made it to more of his games.

That's it for now.  

Happy Day!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

I wanna go to Les Mis! Lucky!

Brian said...

Really?!?! Maybe I just TOLD you... Sheesh. THEY played...I didn't.

Kim said...

Brian. I know that. It was a joke...Sheesh.

drjlambson said...

Kim, You can come visit in Texas anytime!

Brian said...

I was kidding too....you just don't get my humor.... Tears!

Jared, we'll visit...after the humidity subsides..

Kim said...

@ Brian- What humor? Hahahahahahaha

@ Jared - I'll start saving my pennies!

LauraB said...

Brian, I believe Jared's words were "Kim, You can come visit.." - didn't see your name in the invite!

Love Ro's "happy dance" run!

Brian said...

Laura....you are correct. I shouldn't assume anything. We all know what happens when we assume...

Teresa said...

Love the T-ball pics. Can't wait till Jack is old enough to play sports.