Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finishing May

M2B =) days 471 - 481.  Saturday, May 21st  - Tuesday, May 31st happiness:  

Saturday, May 21st:  Brian and Joe flew to Las Vegas to pick up Brian's new car and then they drove it home.  This was Joe's first time in Las Vegas. 
They didn't really get out and do anything, but Brian took Joe to see all of the hotels.  Joe took lots of pictures.  He loved it.  
Ah, what a good boy I have.  He took this one for me.....
There are so many shows playing in Vegas, we decided we need to go back soon.  

Then, they had to stop off at the Hoover Dam, of course.

They drove all day, and finally made it home.  To say Brian LOVES his new car is an understatement.
What did I do today?  I scrapbooked.  All. Day. Long.  

Sunday, May 22nd happiness:  I was feeling really sick today.  I hate those days.  Yesterday, the sixth graders put on their school play.  Guys and Dolls.  I love Guys and Dolls, and I really wanted to go.  But, I HAVE to finish these scrapbooks by Wednesday, and I literally worked on them for like 15 hours yesterday.  So, I had to miss the play.  I was really happy that I was able to catch it on t.v. today.
So good.  Also today, Brian cleaned our bathroom sinks.  They were pretty dirty and now they are sparkly and clean.  Yay!

Monday, May 23rd happiness:  I got to see Kevin today. Yay!  I happened to stop by my moms this afternoon and he brought Bremen over.   It was fun to get to hang out for a bit.  Kevin is awesome!

Tuesday, May 24th happiness:  One of the teachers I work isn't coming back to the school next year, so as a goodbye to all the staff, she brought in mini bundt cakes.  I got lemon.  mmmm.....lemon bundt cake.....

Wednesday, May 25th happiness:  The classroom I work in is in charge of the school store.  That just means that on Thursdays, 2 students roll a cart around to every classroom and sell school related supplies - pencils, sharpeners, folders, etc.  They sell some fun stuff too, bracelets, watches, rings, snacks.  At the end of the year they present some of the profits they make from school store to a charity that they have decided on.  Each kid presents a charity to the class, and then the class votes.  This year they voted to support Casa Esperanza para Ninos.
It is an orphanage in Mexico.  The Aunt of one of my kids started it.  She knew she always wanted to open an orphanage and after traveling to Mexico, and seeing these kids living on the street and in storm drains, her heart went out to them.  She knew that's where she wanted to help.  Today she came to class and the kids presented her with a check.  In return, she showed us some video of her kids and told them how the money would be used to help.  It was a very moving experience.  I loved it.  The kids did too.  It was fun to see the kids that they were helping.

Thursday, May 26th happiness:  So, last night was a loooong night.  I HAD to finish those scrapbooks to give to the kids today.  I stayed up until 3:30 a.m., then took a nap until 5:00 a.m.  and I still didn't finish.  I had the last part of one book to do.  Thankfully, Mrs. J. let me work on them during class.  I finally finished around 2:00 p.m.  Just in time for the surprise party we were throwing for the kids.  I was sooooo tired, but when they saw those books, it was all worth it.  They loved them.  It made me happy.  I am going to miss those kids.  

Tonight was awesome.  Nothing to do but sit on the couch, eat coldstone and watch SYTYCD - Heaven!

Friday, May 27th happiness:  Last day of School!  After this long month, I need a break!

Saturday, May 28th happiness:  Joe and Brian left early this morning for a boys trip to the cabin.  Yay for alone time and Yay for Father and son time.  Also today was Bremen's Baptism.  I was so glad I could go.  It was awesome!

Sunday, May 29th happiness:  Tonight on Facebook, Adam was posting Disney movie quotes, and he had a little contest!  And Yes, I won.  I love playing the movie quote game.  The only disappointment was that he didn't have any quotes at all from MY favorite Disney movie.  Oh well.  He did quote Gargoyles, and I totally knew it.  Joe and I used to LOVE Gargoyles.  Good memories.

Monday, May 30 happiness:  Brian and Joe made it home from the cabin today.  So guess where we went this afternoon......
I love me some pirates.

Tuesday, May 31st happiness:  I am loving summer all ready.  Sleeping in, no stress, hanging out at my mom's.  What's not to love.  Also today, I got my prize for winning the Disney movie quote contest.  It smells so so so so so so good.  Thanks Adam!

And that is officially IT for May.

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I wish you would've taken a picture of the scrapbooks. I was dying to see them!

Kim said...

I did. I just didn't post them.

Teresa said...

Sooo...is Brian's new car some kind of mid-life crisis?

Brian said...

Absolutely Teresa, Absolutely. But at least I have a sweet ride! Lol....