Sunday, June 5, 2011

More May happiness

M2B =) days 461 - 470.  Wednesday, May 11th - Friday, May 20th.

Wednesday, May 11th happiness:  Went to Stacy's graduation.  She has worked hard for this.  It made me happy for her.
Also, it was nice to see her entire family in one place.  That just doesn't happen much anymore.

Thursday, May 12th happiness:  Nutella!  Is there anything better than chocolate and hazelnut together?  I submit that there is not!
Friday, May 13th happiness:  Stayed home from school today and worked on scrapbooks for my kids ALL day and into the night.  Got much accomplished.  Tonight for family movie night:
Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Paul Bettany......What's not to love?

Saturday, May 14th happiness:  Brian and Joe convinced me to take a break from my scrapbooking to go to a movie. 
It did not disappoint.

Sunday, May 15th happiness:  I woke up in such a crappy (sorry mom) bad mood.  I did NOT want to get ready and go to church today.  However, in my limited experience, I have learned that the days that I completely resist going, are the days I need it the most, so I grudgingly got myself ready and went.  About halfway through sacrament meeting I was still feeling pretty grouchy, and then all of a sudden I just felt an overwhelming sense of peace and calm, and that everything would be ok.  It's rare that I have this experience, going from complete grouchies to a 100% turn around in just a minute.  It is an awesome experience.  I'm so glad I didn't give into the urge to just stay home today.

Monday, May 16th happiness:  I love my job.  The teacher I work with is always making me laugh.  Today, I was in the back of the room grading papers, while she was going over the new spelling list with the kids.  Then, she reaches over and puts in a pair of those gross rotting teeth that you can find at Halloween time and casually keeps going over the list.  As the kids caught on you could hear little giggles throughout the classroom.  One boy in particular did not catch on, so she rolled her chair right over in front of his desk, and kept casually reading through the words.  He finally looked up and got the joke.  It sent the class into fits of laughter.  Mrs. J. is awesome.

Tuesday, May 17th happiness:  Dear Chap Stick, thank you for finally helping my chapped lips.  They have been bothering me for over a month.   I am sorry I tried Carmex and Blistex first.  I thought they would work better than you.  I was wrong.  

Wednesday, May 18th happiness:  
Also today, I had my final eye doctor appointment with Dr. Lambson.  He is awesome and I will miss him when he moves.  I am glad I got to see him one last time before he left town.  I am regretting not bringing my camera to take a photo.

Thursday, May 19th happiness:  I took photos of my kids at school today.  We took one last class photo and then I got and individual shot with each kid.  As excited as I am for the end of the school year, I am sooooo going to miss these kids.  They are awesome.  

Friday, May 20th happiness:  Today was Joe's end of the school year semi-formal dance for all of the 8th graders.  It is the first school dance that he has ever showed interest in going to.  I was excited for him.  I remember going to all of my Jr. High school dances and I had such a great time.  I was glad that he wanted to go and hang out with all of his friends one last time.  He looked so handsome too.  I Love Joe.  He is awesome.  

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

10 comments:

drjlambson said...

Seriously how are you ever going to find such an awesome eye doctor again?

Kim said...

I KNOW!!! Apparently I will have to visit Texas whenever I want my eyes checked.

I saw Austen Haymond a couple of nights ago, and he asked me if you already moved. I told him yes. He was bummed. He really liked you because you are "so nice".

Brian said...

Why did you apologize for saying "crappy"?! That's crappy!!! I WILL fly to Texas for my eye appointments...that's for sure!!!!

drjlambson said...

Even if I don't charge you for an eye exam that is still a pretty penny to pay to have your eyes checked. Although, seeing me would definitely be worth it.

LauraB said...

Daughters who are raised by genteel ladies (which Kim's mother is IMHO) do not wish to offend. Thank you, Kim, for respecting your mother.

Sheri said...

Nutella makes me happy too.

Brian said...

Crappety crap crapens....

Kim said...

Brian!

LauraB said...

It's OK Kim. To whom little is given, little is expected...or something like that. ;)

Teresa said...

I am always surprised at how happy bad weather makes you.