Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mission Beach, baby!

M2B =) days 492 - 495.  Saturday, June 11th - Tuesday, June 14th 2011.

Saturday, June 11th happiness:  Today Brian and I discovered Cracker Barrel.  We have never been before.  We had gotten a gift card for Christmas and decided to try it today.  We heard they have good breakfast there.  They Do!  We had to buy the pancake mix and syrup to take home with us.  After we ate, we sat out front in the rocking chairs and dreamed we were on the front porch of the cabin.  It's official.  We are old!
Tonight's happiness:  Joe made it home from Moab alive and in one piece.  Woo hoo!

Sunday, June 12th happiness:  San Diego!  This morning we left dusty hot Arizona and this afternoon we were here:
Yes that is the view from the front window of our condo on the beach!  I love saying that: "our condo on the beach".  How do I get me one of those for real, and not just for a week?

Monday, June 13th happiness:  Today was a perfect day.
I had my toes in the sand for hours.
I had my boys with me.

We brought Dallin with us.  I guess girls really do like guys who play guitars.  I think these girls were a little old for Dallin though.  And yes, that girl did bring her own cow bell to play.  Who owns their own cow bell?  kind of awesome. 
I was inside the condo at the time.  Dallin was out front playing guitar when the girls showed up and asked him to play them some songs.  Soon they were joined by a third friend.  I could see out, but they couldn't see in.  I had to snap this photo to send to Dallin's mom so she could see how he was spending his vacation.  Joe was kicking himself for taking a shower and missing out on the fun.
The perfect day ended with Outback for dinner.  Yum!

Tuesday, June 14th happiness:  Happy Birthday to Dallin and Brian!  Yes, they share the same birthday.  We bought Dallin a boogie board for his birthday.  Somehow Joe ended up with one too. 
They spent most of the day in the water.
They would rotate between the cold ocean, and the warm hot tub.  Back and forth they went all day.
This is our lifeguard.  He watched over the boys while they were in the water.  Thanks Mr. Lifeguard.
Of course, there was lots of guitar playing.
This plant was HUGE.  No really.  It was bigger than my head.  I told Brian to go stick his head by the plant so we could compare how big the plant really was, but he refused me. =(
Oh happy summer beach day.  How I love you Mission Beach.
The boys birthday ended with dinner at Olive Garden and cheesecake back at the condo.

Happy Day!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Owning your own cow bell is one thing, but taking it to the beach with you is a little weird. I love the beach and hat looks like a perfect place to stay. Did you rent the condo?

Kim said...

We did rent it. We used to do this all the time, but the last few visits we stayed in a hotel. This year we decided to stay on the beach again. It was awesome.

Teresa said...

Would you message me the details on the rental? I would be very interested in it.

Brian said...

No Teresa, you may not have it unless you start playing nice.

Teresa said...

I play nice. You have no idea how much I hold back!

Kim said...

Brian actually has all the info. I will try to track it down and message it to you though.

Brian said...

Teresa..Teresa...Teresa....that isn't playing nice

Sheri said...

I'm so excited for the beach!