Friday, June 24, 2011

School's Out For Summer!

M2B =) days 482 - 491.  Wednesday, June 1st - Friday, June 10th.

Wednesday, June 1st happiness:  Today was Joe's last day of Jr. High School.  When did he get so old?  Anyway.  I'm out of school...he's out of school... and we have all summer to hang out.  I am soooo excited.  Woo hoo!

Thursday, June 2nd happiness:  Got some much needed cleaning done today.  It's never fun to clean, but I love the result, so it's worth it.  Also today, Joe was singing and Bob loved it.  He got up, walked across the room, went and sat by Joe and just stared and listened while he sang.  It was so cute.
Friday, June 3rd happiness:  I went to IKEA today and got a DVD tower.  Then, I put it together all by myself.  woo hoo!  
Today Joe and I also saw:  
It was pretty much awesome.

Saturday, June 4th happiness:  Went shopping with Joe this morning.  Went shopping with Brian this afternoon.  And later, Joe washed my car.  Yay Joe!

Nice and clean.  Chloe needed a bath.  Thanks Joe!

Sunday, June 5th happiness:  FHE talent show.  Joe and Dallin performed.  Joe played and did a little singing.  Dallin was lead vocalist.  The name of their band:  Those Meddling Kids.  They did awesome.  Joe plays his guitar at home all of the time and plays tons of songs.  But I think this has to be the first song I've heard him play all the way through, start to finish.  They did so great!
James played the piano.  He is so talented.
Anna did some cool acrobatic tricks for us.
And Emmy showed us her tricks on the trampoline.  
Good times!

Monday, June 6th happiness:  My last day with Joe before he leaves for his super scout trip tomorrow.  We did some last minute shopping this morning.  Then, it was off to see Kung Fu Panda 2 with Sheri and Trina and the kids.  Loved it!  I may have liked it more than the first one. 
Then we had to get home and do some packing.  He had to drop off his gear at 6:00 p.m.  And tonight, Brian gave Joe a blessing.  I am so happy that he gets to go have this adventure.  But, as his mom, I worry and will definitely miss him.  I think the blessing might have been more for me than for Joe.

Tuesday, June 7th happiness:  So.  At 3:30 this morning, I took Joe to the church to meet up with the scout group.  They didn't end up leaving until after 4:00.  They had a 10 hour drive ahead of them.  I will miss Joe, but I know he will have the most awesome week.  He gets to go mountain biking, white water rafting, rock climbing and hiking in Moab.  He is going to have an awesome week.   I went home and went back to bed.  It was a lazy day after that.  I had no get up and go today.  Tonight it was ice cream and a movie, Salt, with Brian. 

Wednesday, June 8th happiness:  Tonight, Brian, Sheri and I went and saw Les Mis.  Joe was originally supposed to go, but Brian got the tickets before we found out about his super scouting activity.  So, we took Sheri with us instead.  She is a fantastic date. =)  I love Les Mis.  It was so fantastic.  I want to go again!

Thursday, June 9th happiness:  I went and visited Adam at his new job at the Disney Store.  I bought myself a yummy smelling candle.  Then, I stopped at Paradise Bakery for lunch.  And guess what????  The Summer Berry Salad is back!!!!!  finally.  They call it the Strawberry, Chicken Poppyseed Salad.  But it is the SAME thing.  I have been waiting for this since they took it away last fall.  Woo hoo!
Friday, June 10th happiness:  Watching So You Think You Can Dance, with Brian.  I so love this show!

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like you are having a fabulous June so far.

Sheri said...

That salad looks delicious. I'm going to have to try it.