Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Valenbirthiversary =)

M2B =) days 373 - 381.  Saturday, February 12th - Sunday, February 20th.

Saturday, February 12th happiness:  Joe's Farm Grill.  Brian and I had lunch there today.  I don't know if it's because I hadn't been there in so long, or because I was so super hungry.  But it was soooo good.  

Sunday, February 13th happiness:  Brian helped me make these today:

Cake pops.  I had never made them before.  It was a long process, and would have been sooo much longer without Brian's help.  I made them for my 3rd graders for Valentines Day.  They turned out cute, and yummy.
Monday, February 14th happiness:  Happy Valentines Day!  I will admit.  I am not a huge fan of Valentines Day.  I think it is kind of a ridiculous holiday.  You shouldn't need a special day of the year to show love to the people in your life.  It seems forced.  I want someone to be nice to me because they want to, not because they feel like they have to.

Ok, I am done with my Valentines rant.  That being said,  we do have some traditions that we love to do.  My favorite is the Heart Attacking of Joe's room.  Brian and I stay up late the night before Valentines Day and decorate Joe's room while he is sleeping.  Then he wakes up to all this love:
I love that he is a teenager, but that he still looks forward to the tradition.  

Brian sent me these at school:
Beautiful!  He was also super sweet this year and sent flowers to Mrs. Johnson as well (the teacher that I work with).  

My kids showered me with all kinds of sweet valentines.  I love my class.
Poor Brian did not have a happy valentines day.  He spent 3 hours in the urgent care with a severe migraine.  After some rest and 3 shots in the butt, he finally got to come home.  He is almost always sick on Valentines Day (maybe another reason I don't like it so much).  


Tuesday, February 15th:  I had some time to read today.  Reading always makes me happy, and I don't have nearly as much time for it as I used to.  So, I really appreciate those days when I get to read.  My current read:
I love it so much.  A super cute, fun book.  

Wednesday, February 16th happiness:  Joe's Nasal Spray.  You may think that is an odd thing to be happy about, but no!  I have been congested for a week, and it is affecting my sleep and giving me headaches.  Joe was sick last week and the doctor prescribed a nasal spray to help clear him out.  So, being desperate I stole it, and I used it! (I cleaned it first).  To my happiness, it worked incredibly well and I could totally sleep.  

Thursday, February 17th happiness:  One of my kids gave me her snickers bar.  They were studying fractions in their math class.  The teacher gave them mini snickers and they talked about what 1/2 would be, 1/4 and so forth.  When she got back from class, she brought it to me.  I asked her "Don't you like Snickers?"  she said, "I do, but I want you to have it".  I thought it was really sweet of her.

Friday, February 18th happiness:  The best part of my day was driving home with the windows down, enjoying the clouds and cool weather, listening to Good Old War turned up really loud on the radio.

Here are a couple of photos I took today:


Saturday, February 19th happiness:  Anytime it rains in Arizona, that will probably be the best thing that happens that day!  I love rain and it makes me happy.  I loved being out and about in the rain today.

Sunday, February 20th happiness:  Happy Birthday to my lovely sister Sheri!
Thank you for letting me crash your birthday party, for letting me work on your puzzle with you, and for feeding me strawberry shortcake.  I love you!

(sorry for another long post.  I really am trying to catch up).

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

OK, first I'll refrain from laughing too much over the fact that Brian needed 2 shots in the butt on Valentine's Day...

I'm with you about Valentine's Day. It's a weird pressure-filled,day that is more about spending money then about love. We always try to keep it simple and avoid big gifts or flowers. I have to say, those cake pops looked great and so so cute!

Brian said...

Ok, I needed 3 shots and that is not funny, Teresa!! I was miserable and vomiting uncontrollably. Thanks for the love. Sheesh.

Sheri said...

That book was awesome. And thanks for keeping me company on my birthday :)