Monday, March 14, 2011

There is a Light That Never Goes Out

M2B =) days 390 - 394.  Tuesday, March 1st - Saturday, March 5th.

Tuesday, March 1st happiness:  Tomorrow is crazy hat day at our school.  I was telling Brian that I wish I had a crazy hat to wear.

Guess what he brought home from work today:
I really like this picture because both of us look like we are on something.  It makes me laugh.  And, I have a crazy hat to wear tomorrow!

Also for today's happiness:  Paul Macdonald.  I love love loved his song tonight on American Idol.

Wednesday March 2nd happiness:  Crazy hat day was a success!  I actually had 3 hats that I brought that I kept changing around.  It took the kids a little while to realize that I kept changing hats.  When they asked me about it, I totally acted like they were crazy, and I didn't know what they were talking about.

Here are Max and Ben on crazy hat day:

Also, In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday today, and in celebration of Read Across America week, at 2:00 p.m. every class in the school took their books out to the playground, and we all sat and read for a half an hour.  This may be my favorite day at school ever.  I rarely have time to read much anymore.

I got to read for a half an hour straight.  My current book:
So far, I really like it.  

Thursday, March 3rd happiness:  The shoes we ordered Joe for his birthday finally arrived today!  
He can now add this move to his footwork:
Why does this make me happy, you ask?  Because now I don't have to answer the question, "Do you think my shoes will come today?"  every five minutes.  =)   Also, Joe having his shoes makes him super happy, and as his mom - when he is happy, so am I.

Also today, I went running (well, it was more like walking/running) at my mom's tonight.  Did I mention how much I love my new running shoes?  No more shin splints and I feel like I am running on clouds.  They are possibly the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.  I love them so!

There is nothing like my ipod and a little exercise to chase the grouchies away.

Friday, March 4th happiness:  Today was crazy sock day at school.  It made me happy to see all of the fun socks.  Even some of the boys participated.  If you know me at all, you know how much I love fun socks!

Also today, a girl in my math class came up to me at lunch and gave me these:
I was a little surprised.  She is a very quiet girl, who sits in the back of the room.  It made me happy that she wanted to share with me.

Tonight Brian and I sat out on the patio for a while.  We just sat and enjoyed the cool breeze, listening to the wind in the trees.  Fantastic.

Later we watched Social Network.  I really liked it.  I was also happy today that Max and Ben could spend the night.   

Saturday, March 5th happiness:  I like it when Max and Ben spend the night.  It makes Joe happy.
Ben discovered the joys of the slanket (I am not kidding - they are fantastic), but Joe didn't want to share.
He finally gave in, and let Ben use it for a while.
This afternoon, I sat in the computer room, turned on my blog and enjoyed some of my favorite music.  My favorites today:  Guster - Careful; Keane - Everybody's Changing; and The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out.

I love music.

Happy Day!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

I love love love that pic of you guys in the hats. Hysterical!

Kim said...

I laugh every time I look at it.

Sheri said...

I love Careful - it's my favorite Guster song.

Ben and Max love, LOVE spending the night :)

Teresa said...

You should put that as your profile pic on FB.

Sheri said...

Evan loves that picture of you and Brian. He keeps making me show it to him.

Trina said...

What kind of running shoes did you get. I must know. And I love that Joes shoes are displayed so nicely. That makes me laugh because that is something I would have done. luv it.

Kim said...

They are Brooks. I had never heard of the brand before, but I had 2 friends who are runners recommend them. Also, When I asked the guy in the store, those are the ones he recommended too.

I love them. They are so so so comfortable, and no more super painful shin splints.