Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pancakes, palm trees, pine needles and pigs!

M2B=) days 153 - 161.  Wednesday, July 7th - Thursday July 15th.

Wednesday, July 7th happiness:  A few weeks ago, at the cabin I got to try Archer Farms Blueberry Pancake Mix.  It was so yummy good.  Today my mom called and asked if I wanted to go to Target pick up some different kinds to try.  We got the Apple Cinnamon and The Pumpkin.  Brian liked the Apple Cinnamon ones best, but I loved the Pumpkin.  It made me wish it was October.  Also, any time that I get to spend time with my mom one on one is a happy day!
Thursday, July 8th happiness:  I got to hang out with some of my very favorite people today.  We played Hi Ho Cherry-O.  From the looks of this photo, some of us did not have as much fun as the rest of us.  Actually, I don't know why she looks so sad.  We all had fun.  
Friday, July 9th:  Today I took Joe and the Gonzo boys to the pool.  We went to the West Chandler Aquatic Center on Kyrene.  Joe really wanted to go to a pool that had a high dive.  Also, since it was our first time trying out this pool, I didn't just drop the boys off.  I stayed.  I read my book while they swam.  I sat under this palm tree:
At around 6:30 I noticed that it started to get a little more crowded.  And, it was all dad's taking their kids to the pool after work.  I LOVED it.  Dad's who spend time with their kids, doing something that the kids want to do are awesome.  It made me happy to see.  I love good Dads.  Also, I noticed that when you start to say (or type) the word "dad" a lot.  It starts to sound like a really funny word.

Saturday, July 10th:  This afternoon we got to spend time at Teresa's house (which is gorgeous, by the way).  We got to see Teresa and Stuart and Jack and Kevin and Alena and Bremen.  I know that we all keep up with each other on blogs and facebook and such, but it was nice to actually be there in person and spend time with family.  We don't do that enough.  I also ate some of the best food ever today.  Those ribs were to die for.  I am still thinking about them.  Thanks to Teresa for having us over.  

Sunday, July 11th:  Was feeling really sick today.  I spent a lot of the day in bed.  Brian took over the "mom" stuff today and took care of everything.  It was really nice.

Monday, July 12th:  We went and saw Despicable Me.  I guess I wasn't expecting much out of this one.  It wasn't really on my list of movies to see.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I really liked it.

Tuesday, July 13th:  Today my mom introduced me to "Sweeties".  Thank you mom!  It is like the Costco of candy stores.  Aisles and aisles of every type of candy imaginable.  I couldn't help think of Michelle and her candy stash when I was in here.  I think she would love this place.  I can't believe I made it out of there with only spending 2 dollars.  I can't wait until December when we make our gingerbread houses.  I know where I'm going to buy my candy.
Also today, I got to go to lunch at Liberty Market with Amy!  Woo hoo.  It was so much fun.  I am glad that I got to see her while she was in town.  I am kicking myself for not taking a picture.  It may be a couple of years again before I see here again (I sure hope not!)

Wednesday, July 14th:  I spent the day preparing to leave town tomorrow:  shopping, packing, cleaning.  Then I get this bright idea that I should pick up the dead pine needles that have fallen off the tree.  Dry pine needles in July is a fire waiting to happen.  So I spend an hour and 2 garbage bags cleaning up.  Then I get the brilliant idea that Brian should go up on the roof and sweep all of the ones up there down onto the ground so that I can pick them up.  

Now, this is the 1st time in 13 years of living here that I have felt the need to do this.  I should have realized it was going to be bad:
There were SO MANY.  I am seriously surprised our roof hadn't caved in.  I was wading through needles waist deep.  It took me another couple of hours and 6 HUGE garbage bags to get rid of those.  What was I thinking?  On a happy note, there is satisfaction in a job well done.

Thursday, July 15th:  After yesterday, I was ready for a vacation.  We drove to San Diego today.  I love road trips.  

We saw trains:
dunes:
happy pigs:
And, finally, when we arrived, -  Diamondbacks practicing right outside our window:
We unpacked and then headed out to eat.  Joe is patiently waiting for a table:
More from San Diego later.

Happy Day!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

We loved having you guys over to the house. It's sad that we grew up across the street from each other and now see each other about once a year. We need to work on that!

OK, I LOVE pumpkin pancakes. I'm going to have to try that mix.

Brian said...

By 'you guys' I'm sure you meant Kim and Joe, right Teresa. NO WAY you could be so kind as to include me in that. Are you sure you can handle the pumpkin mix???

Becca said...

Fun! I wish we had a Target - I want to try the pancake mixes. The candy store sounds fun too.

Teresa said...

Well, I was trying to make you feel included Brian; just a little pity. As for the pancakes, I figure if you can make them, anyone can.

Sheri said...

Hee, hee. You guys are funny. I really loved the movie Dispicable Me. It was so entertaining. Plus I love spending time with you - even if we didn't sit next to each other.

Brian said...

Funny Teresa! I had NO idea that you were so witty!! And they aren't as easy as you might think. Just sayin'!!