Tuesday, August 3, 2010

San Diego

M2B =) days 162-164.  Friday, July 16th - Sunday, July 18th

Friday, July 16th happiness:  Sea World - yeah!

We are having a happy, fun, family vacation.  Can you tell?
The Polar Bears were sleeping - lame, but Mr. Walrus put on a very good show.  He would put his face right up to the window.  
Gotta love the sharks!

Waiting to see the brand new dolphin show.
The dolphins were great....
The show - not so much.  It was incredibly cheesy. (and that says a lot coming from me.  I like cheesey).  Just look at the photo.  Need I say more?
I loved this flamingo.  He kept walking around like that.  He wouldn't pull his head out of the water.  I think he's depressed.
Gotta love the guy that stands out in a crowd.  He was completely white in a crowd of pink.
For the first time EVER at Sea World, I finally got to see the Cirque De La Mer show.  We usually skip it because there are no animals in it.  I thought it was pretty entertaining.  These guys were ridiculous!
I mean, seriously.  Who can do that?  It's fake.
We made sure we stopped and ate here.  Love it!
I love love love the penguins.  This guy decided to pose for me.  He waddled right up to me, turned his head to the side and waited for a moment.  I got the perfect shot.
Brian and Joe on Atlantis.  I had gone earlier during the day, and have since sworn off all water rides.  It seems that EVERY time I go on a water ride, I get completely soaked.  Now, I'm not afraid of a little water, but I am done being doused from head to foot.  It happens on every water ride I go on.  People come off sprinkled, or a little wet.  I come off dripping and soaking from head to foot.  Today was no exception.  This morning when we went, I got soaked.   So, tonight when the boys decided to ride it again.  I passed.  
We learned that the "Shamu Rocks" show at night, is much much better than the Shamu "Believe" show during the day.
Finally at the end of the night I got to see the dolphins up close.  Joe and Brian had got to see them earlier, but I was the designated seat saver at all of the shows, so I missed out.  We made the dolphins our last stop on the way out of the park.
Saturday, July 17th:  Beach day, hooray!
We stayed for a few hours in the morning, then went back to the hotel for lunch and a little break from the sun.  Joe found interesting ways to keep himself busy.
We went back in the late afternoon and stayed until sunset, of course.


Sunday, July 18th:  Before we headed home today, we made sure to stop by SeaPort Village.

There are always interesting things to see.
Joe got his first tattoo.
Don't worry.  It's only a henna tattoo.  It will come off in 2 weeks.  He had to keep his sleeve up for an hour so it could dry.
We ate ice cream in the park while we waited.  I liked this tree.
We watched the boats go by.  I wish that was me on the front of that boat.
It was a fun trip.  Not nearly long enough, but I'll take what I can get.

Happy Day!

8 comments:

Brian said...

How come I'm the only one on the ride with my hands in the air?? A bunch of pansies I think?!?! And I do NOT want to know what Joe stuffed in his pants!!!! Hope it wasn't MY pillow!

Joe said...

hahahaha VERY funny old man..... and i'm not the one who runs around saying: "Hey everybody, I'm a pansie!"

Teresa said...

Love these pictures. I want a house on the beach...that is the dream!

Brian said...

Do you WANT me to tell everyone what you run around saying??

Joe said...

WHAT? I don't know what you're talking about!

LauraB said...

The outfits do the talking - note to self: skip the dolphin show at Sea World!

Joe said...

Actually, it got better towards the end. There were all these guys from Cirque De La Mer (best show there) that did all these awesome dives/flips into the water, and hung on these bungy cords. So, all in all, it was OK

Sheri said...

Sea World is one of my favorite places. Next time we will have to see the Shamu Rocks show. I'm glad you guys had a chance to get away - it looks like you had a blast!