Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy cabin days

M2B =) days 127 - 135  Friday, June 11th - Saturday, June 19th.

Friday, June 11th happiness:  We headed back up to the cabin.  This time Joe and I decided to bring Brian with us.  It was his birthday this weekend and he wanted to spend it at the cabin.  I took this photo on the way into Vernon.  I really liked that spotted horse.  Also, there is an antelope in the background.  I love it up here.
Saturday, June 12th:  Today was COLD and I loved every second of it.  To be cold in June in Arizona is amazing.  Brian made a fire.
What do you do when it is super cold?  Eat ice cream, of course.  We drove to Greer, because Joe says they have the best ice cream on earth.  We saw tons of antelope and ate ice cream in the freezing cold.
Then, at dusk, when it was super cold, Joe and I decided to go on a ranger ride and look for wildlife.  Joe brought along grandpa's elk call.
We saw 5 elk.....
and an antelope.....
Joe got to be photographer because I was driving.  It was so dark, I'm amazed the photos turned out at all.

Saturday, June 13th:  Today was a gorgeous day.  
Joe and I went on a super long ranger ride and enjoyed the trees and the cool weather and just being outside.  Loving it!
Saturday night Brian made us steak for dinner.  I don't know if it was because I was sooo hungry, or because we are at the cabin, or what - but it was almost the best steak ever.  (I would have said the best, but nothing will top the steak I had at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  Sorry Brian.)  

Monday, June 14th:  Happy Birthday to Brian.  We were supposed to go home today, but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave.  We decided to stay one more day.  I made Brian a lemon cake for his birthday.  He wasn't very cooperative at letting me take his picture though.
Monday night, grandma and grandpa showed up with Alex.  Grandpa and Alex were going on a fishing trip and invited Joe to stay at the cabin with them this week.

Tuesday, June 15th:  Brian and I headed home from the cabin today.  Joe decided to stay.  After we got home and unpacked, we went to Red Robin.  Brian had a birthday coupon for a free burger.  They even gave him a free ice cream sundae and a balloon.    After Red Robin we went and saw the A-Team.  I loved it.  A lot.  
Wednesday, June 16th:  Tonight after Brian got home from work we went and saw Killers.  I definitely wished we hadn't of paid full price for this one.  Katherine Heigl super BUGS me anyway, but the commercials looked all right.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't worth full price either.  Oh well.  At least I got a night out.  And I love going to the movies.
Thursday June 17th:  Was a really low key day.  Just hung out at home and relaxed.  That is always nice.

Friday, June 18th:  Joe came home today.  Woo hoo.  I missed his cute fact.  What is the first thing he did when he got home?  He headed straight for the computer, of course.
Saturday, June 19th:  Today was a busy day.  Errands during the day, then a friends baby shower, followed by Ruby's birthday party.  I took a ton of photos, but a lot were similar to the ones Sheri posted.  So, instead I picked a few that I really liked that were a little different from hers:




Good times.  After the party.  Brian and I took Joe to see the A-Team.  It was really just an excuse for me to see it again.  

Happy Day!

7 comments:

Brian said...

Well, you can't say that you loved the "A-Team". It was just one member of the team that you loved. A LOT!!! It's funny, his name is Face but I KNOW that you weren't looking at his face!!! haha..

Kim said...

I happened to love ALL of the A-Team. Shows how much YOU know.

Brian said...

That's a load of crap!!! You definitely don't love them all the same!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's okay; neither do I. But no one can compete with the original Mr. T.

Teresa said...

That's a whole lotta happy in this post. I also love ice cream when it is cold out...it's the best.

Kim said...

I know its a lot. But I am trying to catch up so I can just post once a day.

Sheri said...

I love the Lodge. We are so lucky dad built it for us :)

That picture of Ro is my favorite.

And I loved the A Team too. I laughed so hard.