Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finishing June

M2B =) days 141-146.  Friday, June 26th - Wednesday June 30th.

Friday, June 25th happiness:  Today was our last day at the cabin. (But that is sad, so we will not focus on that.)  I had to take the boys for one LONG, last ranger ride.  
Don't ask me how I took this photo.  I am a safe driver.  I thought Joe was pretending to be Superman, but he insisted that he wanted to be the first one to touch the air.  
Ro is the BEST at playing hide and go seek.

We said goodbye to the Lambson Lodge.  Instead of focusing on how sad that is, I will focus on how lucky we are that we have somewhere to go to get out of the heat and enjoy nature a little bit.
Joe and I had fun on the way home.  He is good company, and he grows a mean carrot mustache.
Saturday, June 26th:  Brian and I went to a movie this afternoon.  I know it seems like we have seen a lot of movies lately, but that is because we live in an oven and it is too hot to do anything out of doors.  I liked this movie, it was pretty entertaining.  It was no Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but it was still fun.  And Cameron Diaz didn't annoy me as much as she usually does.
Sunday, June 27th:  For the most part we had a lazy Sunday.  My favorite kind.  We put off packing for Joe's scout camp as long as possible, as I did not like to think about him being gone for a week.
Monday, June 28th:  Joe left this morning for scout camp =(   But, since I am trying to focus on the happy stuff, we will not mention this again, or about how much I miss him when he is gone.  I am focusing on how much fun he is having. 

 I got to hang out with Brian tonight.  I made him go to the theater and buy my Eclipse ticket for me.  I was hoping he would go to the window, but he got it here instead, so he wouldn't be embarrassed to be a man buying a ticket to a very girly movie.  
Tuesday, June 29th:  To avoid missing Joe too much, I kept myself very busy today.  And, I got to hang with Karen nearly all day.  We went to the gym for a long time, where she laughed at me because I couldn't do squats without loosing my balance.  Then we went and helped some people from our ward with packing and cleaning their house before they move.  Finally tonight we went to Oregano's for dinner with our guys.  Today was a good day.

Wednesday, June 30th:  Tonight was girls night out.  We went to see Eclipse, of course.  While I love the books, but am not too crazy about the movies, I have to say that this one was the best of the series (of movies) so far.  

Afterwards we went to Chili's for dessert, where I tried this:
Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie.  It has walnuts and coconut and hot fudge and caramel and all things good.  I wish it was pecans instead of walnuts, but I won't complain.  It was yummy.

Why do so many of my happiness posts revolve around food?

That's it for now.  Happy Day!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

your blog makes me happy.

I love that picture of the boys with 4 wheeler hair.

I liked Eclipse o.k. but I think New Moon is the best movie of the 3. Ian and I watched it again last night. It's good.

Shauna said...

Food always makes me happy! Oh, and girls night out and Twilight books & movies and great friends who like food and Twilight books & movies!! It all makes me happy!

Teresa said...

It's great that you guys have a family getaway spot in AZ...and even better that you take the time to use it.

Becca said...

Great pictures of the boys!