Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happiness in July - part 1

M2B =) days 147 - 152.  Thursday, July 1st - Tuesday July 6th.

Now that July is nearly over.......Oh well.

Thursday, July 1st happiness:  Today was all about the music therapy.  When I am having a bad day, nothing makes me feel better faster than good music.  Well, maybe chocolate, but I have had waaaaay too much chocolate therapy lately, so today it was music.  

My favorite part of today's music therapy was listening to Neds in the car.  Turning it up loud and singing at the top of my lungs.  Woo hoo.  It's a good thing I was alone.
Also on today's music therapy list:  The Killers - the beginning base in "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" gets me every time.  I love it soooo much.  Also:  Vampire Weekend, Cage the Elephant, Good Charlotte, and Franz Ferdinand made it into the therapy rotation today.  It was a bad day.  I needed A LOT of music therapy.

Tonight I got to talk with Joe on the phone (in case you forgot, he was still at camp).  He made a new friend, and sounded really happy.  Much happier than yesterday.  He was telling me about the stars and how there were so many and how cool it looked.  I love that he mentioned that.

Friday, July 2nd:

I don't know if this made me happy, but it sure did make me smile.  I saw this bumper sticker today:
Also, as our last night before Joe came home, Brian and I went out to dinner and then grabbed some cold stone on the way home.  Then we watched Friday Night Lights.  Cold stone and Tim Riggins - that will put a smile on your face!

Saturday, July 3rd:  Joe came home today!  Woo hoo!  I missed him so much.  He was tired and covered in dirt, but he was home.  He got injured at camp and is showing me his wounded hand:
Sunday, July 4th:  It was just Joe, Brian and I for the 4th this year.  It was kind of nice just spending it the three of us together.  Although, after reading Sheri's blog and how fun it was at the cabin, we may have to try that next year.
Monday, July 5th:  Brian and I took Joe and Dallin to see The Last Airbender in 3D.  I really enjoyed it.  It was visually stunning and I really liked the story.  It's not as funny as the cartoon (which, if you get a chance to see, is pretty dang good) but I still liked it.  It's so nice to have Joe home.
Saw another one today.  It made me LOL.
Tuesday, July 6th - Joe and I spent a lot of time cleaning and de-cluttering his room.  It looks so nice, at least for now.
Also, Joe decided to get his hair cut tonight.  It is soooo short.  I love it.  I did take a photo of the finished cut, but it is on my camera still, so you will just have to wait.
and that is it for now.

Happy Day!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

So, now that Joe is back are you having less bad days?

Sheri said...

Music makes me happy too. I will make you a Vampire Weekend cd. That way you can skip all the songs with the cussing in them.

LauraB said...

Love the bumper stickers! Can't wait to see Joe's hair!!

Brian said...

LOVE the bumper stickers!! And what's wrong with songs with cussing??

Anonymous said...

So...Obama is gay?!? I did not know that. I guess you learn something new every day.

Brian said...

Hahahaha....Love it Tim. YES, Obama IS Gay! Hahaha....Holy Hell that was funny.

Becca said...

Too funny bumper stickers! I need to show Seth Joe's room - Posters look so much better in frames!!