Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lots of Happy Photos

M2B =) days 121 - 126.  Saturday June 5th - Thursday June 10th.

Saturday June 5th:  Family Temple day.  My parents anniversary is June 1st.  This year, they wanted all of us to have a family temple day.  So, on Saturday, we all went to the temple together.  I'll admit, it's been a while since I've gone.  I don't know why I wait so long.  It seems nearly impossible to get myself here, yet when I go, I am soooo glad that I did.  There is a peace here that can't be found anywhere else in the world.  My life feels like it has been chaos lately, so I really needed this.  It was great.
Afterwards:  Family dinner and swimming.
This boy SERIOUSLY needs a haircut.
We celebrated all of the June birthdays - including Emmy.
Sunday, June 6th:  Joe and I headed up to the cabin today after church.  Our air conditioning has not been working.  We NEEDED to get out of here.  We arrived around sunset, and we decided to take some photos on our way in.  Since I was driving, Joe was the photographer.  
He took a ton of photos.  Here are a couple of my favorites:
When we arrived, Dallin was there waiting for us.  The Gonzo's had been up this weekend, but went home and left Dallin behind so Joe would have a friend.  Here they are making "wood angels".  
Monday, June 6th:  This is one of my favorite views from the cabin.  I love being up here.  Everything is so peaceful.  Time seems to stand still.  A day feels like a week.  It is so nice.
Tuesday, June 8th:  Grandpa entertained the boys practically all day.  This morning he took them on a 3 1/2 hour ranger ride.  Seriously.  Then, this afternoon, he helped them make walking sticks.
Late afternoon, the boys and I did a photo shoot.  Ok, so I made them because I wanted to take pictures.




After a while, things started to get really silly.  I never really got them back after that, so we quit.


We got back just in time for Grandpa to take them for a ranger ride at dusk.  The BEST possible time to spot wildlife.  They saw tons of elk, of course.  Grandpa always knows where to look.

And they're off:
Wednesday, June 9th:  We had to leave the cabin earlier than expected.  We had to get Dallin home so he didn't miss his trip to Havasupi.  He thought they were leaving Thursday.  It turns out he was leaving today.  We got up bright and early so we could have him home by noon.  He made it home with a whole 30 minutes to spare before he left for his next trip.  

The best thing about being home was seeing Tiger and Bob.  Tiger clearly missed Joe, and demanded his attention when we got home.  
Also, today our air got fixed.  Woo hoo!

Thursday, June 10th:  Sheri helped me pick out new glasses this morning.  I remembered how much I really like her, and how we don't spend nearly enough time together.

Also today - The boy got a hair cut.  Woo Hoo!  And, of all the pictures I did post  - this one I did not take a photo of.  What is wrong with me?  He didn't go very short, but has decided that he wants to go even shorter than he did.  I need to call Michelle a.s.a.p.  before he changes his mind.

Also today - Brian and I must be on the same wavelength.  We both went to bath and body works and bought this:
It smells fantastical.  And yes, fantastical must be a word, because my computer didn't correct my spelling.  Anyway.  I wish we had communicated beforehand.  This stuff isn't cheap.  Oh well.  Twice as nice, right?

That's it for now.

Happy Day.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I like the photo shoot pictures - very nice Kim!

Teresa said...

The pics from the photo shoot look amazing. Great job!

Sheri said...

We do need to hang out more. You're my favorite sister!

also, where is that brick wall you took pictures at?

Kim said...

The brick wall is at the church in Vernon. I just went around back and there is a huge wall. You should take some of your kids when you are there for the 4th.

LauraB said...

I knew that's where that brick picture was taken!!

I love the picture of Joe with his arms resting on the fence!

Kim said...

Laura, Brian really liked that picture too.