Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gingerbread houses and Christmas songs

M2B =) days 673 - 676.  Friday, December 9th - Monday, December 12th happiness:

Friday, December 9th happiness:  I went to bed early last night, and I woke up today feeling so good!  Nice!

Finished mom's tree today.  Woo hoo.

Saturday, December 10th happiness:  Today we did the annual gingerbread houses at my mom's.  Usually, Joe gets distracted after a little bit and he goes off and hangs out with the guys.  This year, other than choose the yellow color, he did the whole thing himself.  I had this brilliant idea of how I wanted my house to look this year, but it was NOT working out.  Starting with the fact that I made the yellow too bright.  Joe took over for me and fixed it so it turned out super cute. 

Right now I am kicking myself for not getting photos of any one else's houses.  

Tonight was the Del Rio ward Christmas party.  Brian, Joe and I came because Joe was performing with Dallin.

He hung out with the guys while they were waiting to go on.  
Adam and Jared performed Silent Night.    They were fantastic, of course.
Later, Alex and Dallin performed "I'm Gettin' Nothin' for Christmas" with the rest of the Young Men.
Finally, Joe and Dallin performed and original Christmas song.  It was so good.  I got chills and it brought a little tear to my eye.  If you didn't get a chance to see it, both Dallin and Paul put the video on facebook, and you can also look it up on YouTube.  
My future rock star!  This was Joe's first time performing in front of a live audience (other than his family).  

It was a fun night.  Afterwards we got Rosati's pizza.  A-mazing!  So Yummy.  

Sunday, December 11th happiness:  After a long, busy week, I needed a day to unwind.  I love lazy Sundays with nothing to do.

Monday, December 12th happiness:  RAIN!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Thank you for planning all of the activites for December. You made it a great month for me. Love you!

Teresa said...

The house is super cute, but you need to post video of Joe's performance.