Thursday, December 29, 2011

White Elephant, the Grinch, and a song....

M2B =) days 668 - 672.  Sunday, December 4th - Thursday, December 8th happiness:

Sunday, December 4th happiness:  1st Sunday of the month = FHE.  I love my family.  

My mom gave a lesson
and then...White Elephant!


There were some interesting gifts this year.  I think Michael was happy with his leg lamp.
Joe was honored to receive the Taylor Lautner poster.  This one is a repeat.  If you get the poster, you get to sign the back and bring it back next year!
I think my favorite of the night was.....
It was fun, although I don't think the little ones quite understand the concept of White Elephant.  I think next year they will have their own gift exchange.  

Addy was smart though.  She brought something she knew she would love - a Justin Bieber ornament.  Of course, she was thrilled to go home with it.  Smart girl.

Monday, December 5th happiness:  I was looking for cards for my school kids today, and I found the best cards ever:
Woo hoo!

Also, today I bought what might be the best invention EVER.  It fixes strings of Christmas lights.  FOR REAL!
I have been dealing with Christmas lights for years now.  And the worst part is when you bought new lights the year before, and the next year they don't work.  Or, when they work and then you get them on the tree and they decide not to.

This year, when I did my mom's tree, she had like 15 strands of lights that didn't work.  This little light fixer, fixed 10 of them, and it was soooo easy.  I love it.  I also had a strand on my tree that went out, and instead of having to unstring and replace, it took me like a minute to fix it with this thing.  Love it!

Tuesday, December 6th happiness:  I worked on my mom's tree tonight!

I had a good helper.
Thanks to Adam, she got a new tree topper this year.
Wednesday, December 7th happiness:  I was at my moms working on her tree tonight, and I got to hear Dallin's new Christmas song.  He is supposed to perform a song at their ward Christmas party on Saturday night.  Joe was going to play the guitar while Dallin sang.  They chose a few different Christmas songs and practiced, but Dallin wasn't very happy with any of them.  So, he went downstairs for a bit, and wrote himself a brand new Christmas song to sing.  It took him like 20 min.  and it is amazing!  I got to see him perform it tonight.  Joe is going to play for him still, but here is Dallin doing a quick run through:
Thursday, December 8th happiness:  Aunt Denise sent some of her Krispy Kookies to my mom's house.  I was too busy enjoying their deliciousness to take a photo.  And, my mom had a chocolate peppermint cupcake from Sweet Daddy's, that I got to sample.  Pure deliciousness.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

LauraB said...

We have one of those light fixing gadgets and it IS awesome!!

Sheri said...

Dallin's song is da bomb :)

Teresa said...

I want that light thing! I bought so many new lights last year and almost all of them were out when I unpacked them. I got so frustrated I went and bought LEDs.