Friday, January 27, 2012

Christmas Eve

M2B =) day 678.  Saturday, December 24th.

Saturday, December 24th happiness:  Happy Christmas Eve!

We started off the morning with a Christmas Eve breakfast.  Usually this is a Christmas day thing, but because Christmas is on Sunday, and we all have church, it just wasn't going to work out this time.

I don't know why, maybe because I was having too much fun enjoying my family, but I only took like 3 or 4 pictures this morning.  I did get the important one:
my dad cooking the delicious steak and gravy.  Thanks dad!  In addition to breakfast, we all took a turn skyping with Jared's family.  It was pretty cool.

Brian had to run off to work =(    but Joe and I kept up our tradition of making gingerbread cookies for Santa....
...and then watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Tonight, we made the trek to see Brian's family.
Good times!
Here is what happens when you let Brian take over the camera.  You get lovely shots like this...
....and this one:
There were many more like that too.  He called them his "art" shots.  Don't worry, he took some good ones too.  

I tried to get a photo of everyone, but it looks like I missed grandma and Joe in this one.
Guess what the theme of the evening was:
Yup, that would be "Red Solo Cup".  Guess how many times I heard them sing that song tonight?   Guess how many times I never want to hear it again?  =)      It's ok.  They had a fun time singing it together.

Joe and D worked on a puzzle that uncle Mark sent.
It was getting late, so we had to travel home so Joe could open his Christmas Eve jammies.
Not a bad way to spend the day.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Red Solo Cup....proceed to party!!

Teresa said...

Funny, I had never heard of the red solo cup song until last week. A bunch of my co-workers in Dallas were telling me about it.

And, isn't Skype wonderful? Stuart likes to hook up the computer to the big TV so we can keep it running for a long time on Christmas...so we can pretend we aren't so far away.

Brian said...

I see how you are, you never Skype us!! Jerk. :-)