Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving and the Science Project

M2B =) days 655 - 660.  Monday, November 21st - Saturday, November 26th happiness:

Monday, November 21st happiness:  It was a beautiful cloudy day.  Living in Arizona I will always appreciate cloudy days.  They make me the happiest.  I had to do both 3rd and 4th grade lunch today, so I got to be outside a lot today to enjoy it.  Also, during pick up - sprinkles.  I love it!

Tuesday, November 22nd happiness:  I FINALLY slept last night without coughing every 5 minutes.  I actually got some sleep.  I don't feel like such a zombie today.  Yay!

Wednesday, November 23rd happiness:  It was crazy sock day at school today and I totally forgot!  And I LOVE fun socks.  Dang it!  Thankfully many of the kids did not forget.  It was fun to see all of the interesting socks today.
I even had one boy in our math class who wore his sisters rainbow strip socks.  I wish I had gotten a picture of that!  

Also, today was a 1/2 day.  Woo hoo!  

Thursday, November 24th happiness:  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  Clouds today too!  Much to be thankful for.

This year we spent Thanksgiving with Brian's family.  It was fun.

Brian was happy to be there.  So was Joe, even though he doesn't look like it in this photo:
Joe and D after stuffing their faces with yummy Thanksgiving food.
I think it has probably been a few years since I got a photo of the 3 of these guys together.  I'm glad I made them pose for me.  I had to snap it quick, since with teenagers, they weren't going to stand there for long.
We spent a lot of the afternoon out back.  It was a beautifully cloudy day.  We even saw a few sprinkles.  Joe found ways to entertain himself...and us.
He and D spent a good while playing the "who can balance the cushion on their head longer" game.
I'm sad that I didn't get many photos of the rest of the family.  I didn't want to take shots while everyone was stuffing their faces, and that was the only time that we were all sitting together.  I should have wandered around more, shoving my camera in everyones faces.  I know how people love that.

It was a happy day filled with lots of food and family.  What else can you ask for?

Friday, November 25th happiness:  I don't know if today made me happy, but I was sure relieved that Joe finally got some serious work done on his science project.  He takes after his mom, and saved most of it for the last minute.  It is due on Monday.  We worked on it all day long.  

All I can say is that I am sure grateful to uncle David who helped us out when we couldn't figure out how to read the voltmeter!  Brian and Joe just showed up on his doorstep this afternoon looking sad and needing help, and he totally helped us out!  Thanks SO much!  We could not have figured this out without you.

Saturday, November 26th happiness:  Joe and I worked on more science today.  Yesterday he did all the research, bibliography, experiment conduction and charted all the info.  Today he got to make a board and put all the info on it and make it look awesome.  I seriously cannot believe that I didn't take a photo of the finished product.  He really made it look great.  He did it in yellow and blue and had photos and graphs and info.  It took us ALL day, but it looked great and it is done!  Huge sigh of relief.

While Joe and I were science-ing it up, Brian was being superman today!  He put the Christmas lights up on the house.  Then he replaced the doorbell, finally he went grocery shopping AND he brought me home chocolate amaretto gelato, which I have literally been thinking about and craving for like 3 weeks.  He read my mind!
Tonight to celebrate being DONE with the science project, we went to Cherry street to see the lights.
I love that Joe is not too old to go see lights with his mom and dad.  He loves all things Christmas, just like we do.
He also got to go see a movie with Adam tonight, and I got to sit on the couch and watch t.v. and do nothing for a while.  It was seriously great.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

How could YOU forget crazy sock day?!

Brian said...

Is that a photo of Joe SMILING?? And our yard looks like crap. Sorry..

Sheri said...

Uncle David is the best!

Also, Joe needs a haircut.