Sunday, December 4, 2011

Disney!

M2B =) days 641 - 647.  Monday, November 7th - Sunday, November 13th happiness:

Monday, November 7th happiness:  Clouds...Rain...Cool weather...Today was GORGEOUS!  I was lucky!  I got to spend some time outside this afternoon.  I was taking some photos at the temple.  I was worried we might get rained out, but the weather was perfect.  I love days like this, and I love them even more when I get to be outside in it!
Tuesday, November 8th happiness:  Watching shows on the couch with Brian tonight!  We are trying to catch up on some of our shows.  Tonight we watched House.  It was extra funny.  I think it was possibly my favorite episode of House ever!
Wednesday, November 9th happiness:  Finally!  I have waited nearly a year for these.  Brian got them for me!  
Dear Hershey's:  Your extra creamy solid milk chocolate bells are dreamy.  The chocolate is soooo creamy good.  If only you could make your Hershey's kisses taste like this, instead of dry, crumbly,  sub par chocolate, I could enjoy your products year round.  
Thursday, November 10th happiness:  so....to say that Joe LOVES Disneyland would be a bit of an understatement.  Seriously.  

A few days ago Brian and I discussed MAYBE surprising him with a ticket to Disneyland for Christmas.  So, When Brian announced 4 days ago that we would be going - this Thursday, I was a little surprised, to say the least.  I was also a little bit overwhelmed, as I have a lot on my plate right now, and didn't have much free time to prepare for a trip.  So, I've been a little stressed this week.  However, today, I found myself getting a little excited.  All day at school, I kept thinking about it.  I had a little spring of excitement in my step today.  After school, I picked up Joe.  We got home and quickly packed a few things.  By 6:00 we were on the road.  

Best road trip ever.  I think I slept the whole way!  It seemed like it took 5 min.  We got to the hotel late, and it was straight to sleep.

Friday, November 11th happiness:  Ok, so going to Disneyland on a National Holiday (Veteran's Day)  AND the first day of Christmas fireworks maybe was a little crazy.  It was kind of wall to wall bodies.  But we weren't going to let that stop us.  We went straight to Space Mountain, got fast passes for later in the day and then stopped at Buzz Lightyear - one of MY favorites.  The wait was only 15 min.  Woo hoo!


Joe and I also love the Jungle Cruise, although it really does depend on if you get a funny guide or not.  It's also great because there is hardly ever a line.
We were disappointed that Pirates was closed, but the Haunted Mansion Holiday MORE than made up for it.  THIS is why we come to Disneyland in the Fall.  They should leave it this way year round.  
We love The Nightmare Before Christmas.
They have a different gingerbread house each year.  Here is this year's version:
It was awesome.

The weather is another reason we come in the fall.  Not too hot!  I can handle crowds if the weather is nice.

The trees were gorgeous!  So I may be a little obsessed with trees.  Even at Disneyland, I find myself photographing them.
This was my favorite photo of the day, simply because he looks like he is standing in front of a fake backdrop.  
We finally got to use our passes for space mountain.  It was so fun.  I love how our photo turned out, but I am too cheap to buy it!
In order to get a good seat for the fireworks show, we staked out a bench early and Brian and I took turns sitting on it, while the other went on rides with Joe.  It was worth it.  The show was amazing.
Last shot of the day:
I had to take a photo of the giant tree!  We love coming at Christmas time.  Everything is decorated and they play Christmas music in the park all day.  Good times.

Saturday, November 12th happiness:  Today was EXCELLENT.  The weather called for a huge pacific storm today.  It was cloudy and overcast all day long (my favorite)  And the best part was that it kept people away.  And, it never really even rained.  We had some misty sprinkles in the evening, but not much.  There was sooooo many less people here today.  

We spent most of the day at California adventure.  Tower of Terror (my all time favorite ride ever) was a walk on.  We went like 5 times in a row.  I finally had to stop, dang motion sickness.  If it wasn't for that, I could have stayed on it all day.  We got to do everything and almost no waiting.  Also, no pictures today.  I didn't want to lug my camera around all day.  We went back to Disneyland at the end of the day and again, waaaay less people.  Fantastic.

Brian decided that since he hasn't been on It's a Small World since he was a little kid, that it was time to try it again.  The lights on the front are amazing.  And, as a plus, it was the Christmas version instead of the regular one.  However, it was still too much.  Brian and Joe decided that they are probably good for life.  No need to do it again.  We stuck it out until almost midnight, but I am old now and was soooo tired.  Still, it was  a super fun day.

Sunday, November 13th happiness:  We said goodbye to Joe's favorite hotel ever:
The ride home seemed much longer.  I had a hard time sleeping, and I was feeling sick.  Thank goodness for Nyquil.  When we got home I took some and went straight to bed.

It was a fun trip.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Brian said...

SUPER fun trip!! I think we will go every fall. That's the plan anyway. Some people buy houses or lots of clothes, but I will wear the same old clothes to take trips! AND, did you see how bad I kicked Joe's tail at Buzz Lightyear!!?? Hahaha

Sheri said...

I'm so jealous. It looks like so much fun!

Teresa said...

JEALOUS! I so want to see Disney done up with Nightmare Before Christmas decorations!