Saturday, December 10, 2011

icky sicky

M2B =) days 648 - 654.  Monday, November 14th  - Sunday November 20th happiness:

Monday, November 14th happiness:  Not so much happiness today as gratefulness.  I was grateful to have a sick day I could use to stay home.  I am grateful for naps and especially for nyquil.

Tuesday, November 15th happiness:  Home sick again today.  I did get out of bed long enough to stop by a friends baby shower.
The sad part was, all the food looked soooo good, and  because of being sick, I can't taste anything right now.  I did bring some things home for Brian though.

Wednesday, November 16th happiness:  No more sick days, so I had to go back to work.  Boo!  To cheer myself up a bit, I had peppermint ice cream tonight.  It felt SO good on my sore throat.  I also hung up the ornaments we bought at Disneyland:

Oogie Boogie:
Lock, Shock, and Barrel:
And, of course, Jack:
All from The Nightmare Before Christmas. (are you surprised?)

Thursday, November 17th happiness:  Finally had enough energy tonight to put up the Christmas Village.
It makes me happy.
Friday, November 18th:  Movie night with the girls!  I was a little concerned because I was still sick - including having a cough, and being prone to coughing fits that go on for 5 minutes at a time.  I didn't want to be the annoying person in the theater driving everyone crazy, but I also was NOT going to miss out on girls night.  Even if it was Breaking Dawn.  The fun is in the waiting in line for an hour and chatting with everyone, and then going out for dessert afterwards =)

So, I came prepared, water, and cough drops on hand.  It worked well for about 3/4 of the movie.  Then Sheri leans over and makes a comment that I am doing well and haven't even really coughed at all.  Well, you know how that works.  No sooner had she said it, then I went into one of my 5 minute non stop coughing spells.  No worries, I did exit the theater and take it into the bathroom.  When I was done, I really wanted to just lie down and take a nap, but as I was in a public bathroom - gross.  I did not go back to my seat.  I just stood in the little hallway of the theater and watched the rest of the movie from there.

Afterwards we went to T.G.I.Friday's for dessert.  Good times.  They would have been better if I hadn't had a second coughing fit and have to get up and leave the table, but I survived.

Saturday, November 19th happiness:  Joe and I had a lazy day of hanging out on the bed and watching Christmas movies.  Yay!  Guess who joined us?
Tonight, we had a  "original McQueen 1st ward" young women get together.  Now that we have been split 4 ways we don't get to see each other as much.  We all got together tonight and hung out and ate delicious food and played games and laughed a lot.  It was awesome!

Sunday, November 20th happiness:  So I finally broke down and went to a care clinic today.  I have acute sinusitis and acute bronchitis.  Sheesh!  I have been sick for about 11 days.  Usually when I get sick, it lasts a couple of days.  I take Nyquil, sleep a lot, and then I'm ok again.  Not so this time.  I kept thinking "this has gone on a long time, I'll feel better tomorrow".  I guess for this one, I needed medication to get over.  I got an inhaler, along with 2 other medications.  sheesh!  

On the happy side, while we were there we found the chocolate covered cherry m&m's that I like so much.  Those things are impossible to find.  I will have to wait to eat them though, as I STILL can't taste anything.

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

It sucks to be sick this time of year. Hope you feel better soon!

Sheri said...

I didn't realize you were so sick!

That movie night was so much fun!