Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cats and cookies and cars...

M2B =) days 337 - 347.  Friday, January 7th -  Monday, January 17th.

Friday, January 7th happiness:  So, apparently the downside of working at a school, is that you will catch every single illness that comes along.  I have never been more sick than I have been in the last 6 months.  I love my job, but I am starting to wonder if it is worth it.  

I came home today and went straight to bed.  On a happy note, I did have a couple of cute bed buddies to keep me company.
Bob looks kind of ticked that I woke him up to take his picture. 

Saturday, January 8th happiness:  I spent the entire day in bed.  Luckily, they were showing re-runs of Firefly all day long.  Can I just say how much I love Nathan Filli0n?  
Sunday, January 9th happiness:  I had to call for a sub for my class today at the last minute.  It's nice to know that there are people out there who are not only willing, but happy to help out at the last minute.  I really appreciated it.

Monday, January 10th happiness:  Last week for lunches, I either went home or went out.  Before that was winter break.  Today, I packed a lunch and ate in the staff room.  I forgot how much I like hanging out with the ladies who have the same lunch time.  It was nice to sit, and talk and laugh and relax.  There really are some great people who I get to work with.  

Tuesday, January 11th happiness:  I take Max and Ben home from school on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.  As I drive past my parents house I get to see this pine tree.  I love it so much.  It reminds me of my dad.  

When we were younger, at Christmas time, my dad made sure we always had a real Christmas tree.  They make your house smell just heavenly.  The frustration with a real tree, is that you can't keep them up very long.  They die and the needles fall off.  So, one year my dad decided to get a real tree that was still in a bucket, roots and all.  The idea was to use it for Christmas, and it would last longer because it was alive, and then we could plant it afterwards.

The problem was, that it didn't look like the trees we usually got, and it was kind of smaller in size.  We gave my dad such a hard time about that tree (sorry).  He finally got sick of us complaining about it.  He got a whole new Christmas tree (like the kind we were used to), and he ended up planting this one in the far edge of the yard.  

Over the years it has gotten just huge.  I love it so much.  It reminds me that I have a really great dad.  One that tries to do all he can to make his family happy.  He does a good job.

I drive by this tree all the time, and EVERY time, I think of that story and how great my dad is.


Wednesday, January 12th happiness:  Tonight was mutual.  It was a combined activity - all of the young men and young women together.  We met at the park for 'night games'.  They played capture the flag, kick the can, and fugitive.

One of the girls twisted her ankle so a few of the leaders were sitting out with her.  Joe also decided that he wasn't going to play capture the flag, so he was sitting out too.  We were at the picnic tables, just hanging out and talking.  

We spotted a cat in the parking lot, and for whatever reason, Joe decided to chase it.  He got up from the table and ran so fast.  He chased it long and far - all over that parking lot.  I could not stop laughing.  He totally caught me by surprise.  I have never seen him run that fast in my whole life.  I didn't know he had it in him.

Thursday, January 13th happiness:  Tonight Joe and I played wii sports.  I totally beat him at bowling.  When Brian came home, he joined in too.  
Good times.

This was Joe's character he made.  Remind you of anyone?  

Friday, January 14th happiness:  Tonight I was telling Brian a story about something the kids were learning about in math class.  Joe made the comment that their math was soooo easy.  Anyone could do it.  I reminded him that they are 3rd graders and he is in 8th grade.  So then I asked him what he learned in math today.  His answer:  "We did math things, and problem stuff".  

Also tonight.  I had a crazy craving for Sheri's chocolate chip cookies.  Luckily I have an awesome sister.  I called her up, and sure enough, she had some in her freezer.  I can't even tell you how much that made my day.  I rushed right over and got me some.  Thanks Sheri!

Saturday, January 15th happiness:  Lunch at Paradise Bakery with Brian.

Sunday, January 16th happiness:  My happiness today was that Brian made both lunch and dinner.  Woo hoo!  Thanks Brian.

Monday, January 17th happiness:  Chloe (our car) is in the shop.  The hood is being re-painted.  We got a rental.
I love Chloe, don't get me wrong, but I am super loving this car!   I may just want to keep it.

Also today - No School!  woo hoo!  Joe and I spent the afternoon at my mom's.  Stacy and I did a puzzle for a long time.  I was in puzzle heaven.  Good times.

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Jon said...

Firefly is one of my favorite shows of all time.

ducklips said...

I loved reading about all the things that made you happy. How fun! I remember my dad got a real living tree one year too. It is now planted on the side of my parents house, and if you look really closely, way up at the top, you can see a couple of cardinal ornaments.

Hope you have a wonderful day today!

Teresa said...

It's always important to keep homemade chocolate chip cookies in your freezer. Of course, I have to bury them to hide them from Jack and Stuart, otherwise I don't get any.

Sheri said...

I think about that story about dad whenever I pass that tree too.

And I LOVE Firefly. But you already knew that..