Saturday, February 12, 2011

January happiness

M2B =) days 348 - 357.  Tuesday, January 18th - Thursday, January 27th.

Tuesday, January 18th happiness:  Tonight I learned a new card game.
My mom and dad taught it to me.  I love it.  I want to play all of the time now.
Wednesday, January 19th happiness:  Tonight for mutual we made hair bows and picture frames with all of the girls.

I always forget how much I love doing crafts (who has time anymore)?  It was fun.  I think I am going to add a red heart and make it a valentines frame.
Thursday, January 20th happiness:  Can I just say how much I LOVE having the Sirius Satellite Radio in this rental car?  Today I heard "American Pie", Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smithereens, New Order, The Cure, and The Smiths.  I love having New Wave to listen to all of the time.  

Friday, January 21st happiness:  Today after school, Joe and I went to hang out at my mom's.  Stacy was doing a puzzle.  I LOVE puzzles.  I haven't done one forever.  She let me work on it with her.  I was in puzzle heaven.  It was fabulous.

Saturday, January 22nd happiness:  Brian and I went out to lunch.
It was so, so, so, so good.

Then, we picked up the boy and went to a movie.  
I am kind of wishing Brian and I had seen this first, before we decided to let Joe go.  Even though there was a lot of funny parts, there was a lot of bad language and humor in it.  Oh well.

Tonight Joe and I watched American Idol together.  I love that he will watch with me.

Sunday, January 23rd happiness:  Happy Birthday Dad!  We went to see my dad tonight for his birthday.  There was a super cute girl there monopolizing all of his attention.  
She sure loves her grandpa.  

I was happy that I got to see the kiddo's.  

Monday, January 24th happiness:  This day has been marked on the calendar for a while now.  Tonight was the Guster concert.

This is Joe's 2nd concert.  He was super excited.  Sheri, Ian, Adam, Dallin, Joe, Brian and I made the trek down to Tucson to see Guster at the Rialto Theater.  I wanted to take a group photo, but Sheri was in a hurry to leave, so I only got to snap this one.
It was such a fantastic night.  The opening band was one I had never heard of before - Good Old War.  They were amazing.  They reminded me of a bluesy Simon and Garfunkle.  Good stuff.  We bought the cd's and even got them signed by the lead singer.

Then, it was time for Guster.  I loved every single minute of it!  They sang a bunch of their old songs, including 2 of my favorites that they didn't sing the last time around.

Tuesday, January 25th:  I was so so so tired today.  We didn't get back from the concert until 1:00 a.m. last night.  It was well worth the tiredness I felt today.  I've been singing Guster songs in my head all day!

Wednesday, January 26th happiness:  Free lunch today!  The principal at our school grilled us hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch today.  She set up picnic tables out back and we all got to sit outside and eat, and chat and enjoy the beautiful day.  Free food always makes me happy.

Thursday, January 27th:  Sick again!  I am not kidding.  This is getting ridiculous.  It seems like I have been sick every other weekend.  Pneumonia and Bronchitis have been making the rounds at school, along with the flu and every other sickness that is out there, it seems.  While I don't think I had Pneumonia, I sure had some kind of massive cold.  

My happiness today was my pillow and my bed.  I thought about going back to bed all day long. 
Finally, at 7:00 p.m. I was out for the night!

So, that's it for now.

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I love love love your pillow!

Heather said...

Five Crowns is one of my favorite games. So much fun!

LauraB said...

Well, Heather, it's because of you that Kim is playing it! You taught us, we taught Jim and Karen, they taught their family! Thank you from all of us!

Sheri said...

I also LOVE five crowns. And Guster too :)