Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow Days, dancing and candy....

M2B =) days 331 - 336.  Saturday, January 1st - Thursday, January 6th.

Saturday, January 1st happiness:  The sun finally came out, so Ian took the boys out to play.  They tied a sled on the back and went for rides.  This meant that I got a lot of peaceful, quiet time to read today.  
Sheri went into town and bought Just dance 2 for the wii.  And we just danced all night.  That game is so so much fun.  I love that the boys even tried it.
To top off a fabulous day, Ian and Brian made us a fabulous dinner.  Steak and potatoes, green beans and garlic bread.  Yum!
Sunday, January 2nd:  The Trezise family went home today =(  So, it was just me, Brian, Joe and Michael.   This afternoon, we decided to go for a ranger ride.  Every time I looked up, this is what I saw:

We went up the forest road a bit, and saw a super ginormous elk.  But, the road soon became too snowy, so we turned around and went to Chocolate River instead.

It was a winter wonderland.


We stayed a while.  We actually couldn't take the ranger all the way in, too much snow.  So, Michael, Joe and I walked in.  

It started to get dark, so we headed back.  It was so so cold.
Monday, January 3rd:  Home today.   I had to take one last picture of Joe at the cabin.  He loves it here so much.  We all do.
The weather was much better on the way home.  No snow storms to drive through.

Tuesday, January 4th happiness:  Back to school today.  As much as I love vacation days, I do miss my school kids.  It was nice to see their cute faces today, and hear all about their winter breaks.

Wednesday, January 5th:  Since my birthday was over winter break, my class decided to throw me a surprise birthday party today.  I have the best class.  I got all kinds of homemade cards and birthday gift cards.  And we had cupcakes and they sang happy birthday to me.  It was great!
Tonight Brian came home with an awesome surprise.  He saw how much we loved playing Just Dance at the cabin, that today he brought home a wii and Just Dance 1 and 2.  Woo hoo!

He killed it on Viva Las Vegas by the way.  I should have taken a picture of that!

Thursday, January 6th happiness:  Today Brian was at Fry's and he saw these:
They are my most favorite Easter Candy.  I wasn't expecting to have any until at least March, but apparently they are already here.  

Woo hoo!  Happy Day!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sooo...when is our Just Dance dance-off????

LauraB said...

Ok - seriously one of these times I want to play Rock Band and Just Dance with you guys!

Teresa said...

You guys are totally selling me on the wii. It looks so fun.