Saturday, October 30, 2010

October happiness...

M2B =) days 239 - 246.  Friday, October 1st - Friday, October 8th.

Friday, October 1st happiness:  Today was not a great day.  But, as of 3:30 p.m. I was officially off work for 2 weeks.  Yeah for October break.

Tonight's movie for family movie night was a classic - one of our all time favorites:

When Joe was 3, this was his favorite movie.  We haven't watched it in forever.  It was great.

Saturday, October 2nd happiness:  Due to it being General Conference weekend, I got a few hours to myself tonight while Joe and Brian went to the priesthood session and then out to dinner.  It was fabulous.  I wasted it watching t.v. on the couch - no sports, no disney channel shows,  just what I wanted to watch.  It was great.

Sunday, October 3rd happiness:  Today Joe, Sheri and I went and visited Grandmother for a little while.  It was her birthday yesterday so we dropped in for a visit.  I love visiting Grandmother, I need to do it more often.

Monday, October 4th:  First official day of what I can call my vacation from work, and it was great.  I chatted on line with a friend that I haven't talked to since, like Jr. High School.  It is fun to play catch up.  Then, Joe and I went to the mall.  I am sooo not a shopper, but Joe wanted to go look for some shoes, so we did.  I like spending time with Joe.  We didn't find what he was looking for, but I did find this:

Yup.  Paradise Bakery now has their ginger molasses cookies.  It's beginning to feel like Christmas.  First the peppermint ice cream, and now the ginger molasses cookies.  Woo hoo!  The weather even felt a little winterish today.  We had dark storm clouds:
And even some rain:
My kind of day.  It was definitely a hang outside kind of day.  We went to my mom's, where I got to hang with this kid:
We looked for snails:
Also, today was "Moustache Monday" at Brian's work.  
Tuesday, October 5th:  Rain today, and tons of it.  It makes me so very happy.
Wednesday, October 6th happiness:  Today Joe and I visited an old site that we used to go on all of the time - "I Can Haz Cheezeburger?"  It is silly animal pictures that people have added captions to.  We spent a lot of time laughing today.  This one is one of my favorites:
Thursday, October 7th happiness:  Ok, so Joe and I officially have way too much time on our hands this October break.  Today we spent a lot of time watching the Old Spice Guy's You Tube commercials.  I had seen a couple of  the Old Spice commercials on t.v., but there are a ton more on You Tube and they are hilarious.   We laughed long and hard today.  It was awesome.
Also today, we went to Grandma's again.  Hey, that's where all of the action is.  We scored big time today.  Kevin happened to be in town.  Woo hoo!  We played dodgeball with the boys on the trampoline.  It was so fun.  Kevin is so awesome.  It's no wonder all of the kids love him.
Friday, October 8th:  Today, Brian, Joseph, Michael and I headed up north to Lambson Lodge.  Now THIS is what I was looking forward to doing during October break.  The days are just longer at the cabin.  It's so relaxing.  We arrived to a sky ridiculously full of stars:
We saw 3 elk on the way in, and as we were unpacking the car we could hear them talking to each other.  It was awesome.  We got in and quickly got ourselves settled.  
I love, love, love the cabin.  I seriously wish I lived here.

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I love Iron Giant too.

And rainy days.

And ginger molasses cookies.

And the cabin. We have so much in common that we could be sisters!

I did NOT however, love Brian's mustache...I'm just sayin'

Teresa said...

I have never seen that movie. Jack and I will have to check it out.

Brian said...

For the record, I did not love my mustache either. Not one of our best ideas.