Sunday, October 3, 2010

September happiness

So, I keep falling farther and farther behind.  Now that I have 2 weeks off of work, I may actually have a chance to catch up a little.  Here goes:

M2B =) days 209 - 219.  Wednesday, September 1st - Saturday, September 11th.

Wednesday, September 1st happiness:  Wednesday's are typically my roughest days, simply because I have sooo much to do and not enough time to do it.  I feel like I am run ragged all day.  Today was no exception.  To be honest, it was a crappy (sorry mom), long, never ending day.  Where is the happiness in that, you ask?  The happiness came at the very end of the day.  After mutual I got to stay and help decorate for Brittany Basset's wedding reception tomorrow.
I got to see Joni, and Paula (who used to be in my ward, and I haven't seen forever) and Merilee, and I even got to see Elise for about 5 minutes.  It was a fun way to kind of unwind after a very long day.  I wished I could have stayed and helped out longer.

Thursday, September 2nd:  Tonight was Brittany Basset's wedding reception.  Merilee did such a good job on the decorations.  The food was delicious and there was even a really cool candy table.  Brittany's colors were purple, green and white, and all of the different candy on the table was purple, green and white.  They had bags that you could fill up with candy to take home with you.  I packed my purse with these:
They are sixlets, one of my favorite childhood candies.  It was fun to hang out with friends and eat and talk.  Chris and Merilee are awesome.  I'm so glad we went tonight - had a lot of fun.

Friday, September 3rd happiness:  Today I went to lunch with Sheri, Evan and Max.  Max happens to have the exact same lunch time as I do, so Sheri suggested we all go to lunch together.  We went to the Peter Piper Pizza right around the corner from the school.
I love Max so much, I can't even tell you.  There was a time (before he started school) that we spent a lot of time together.  I would work at Grandma's and he would keep me company.  I really miss those days.  

Evan was hilarious.  He kept shoving the food in his mouth, packing it entirely full, then panicking because he couldn't swallow.  That boy is constant entertainment, I tell you.  

I realized today that I don't spend enough time with my sister Sheri.  She is one awesome girl.

Tonight I went outside and the clouds looked ethereal (like my big word?).  They were awesome.  It was really dark, but the clouds looked very bright and wispy.  It was such a cool contrast.  I decided I had to take a picture.  Sadly I came no where near close to catching how cool they look.  At first, the flash on the camera kept going off.  So I switched it to manual so I could leave the shutter open.  But I had no tri-pod, so they turned out really blurry and it didn't capture the contrast I wanted.  Oh well.  This is the sad picture I got:
It doesn't even do it justice.

Saturday, September 4th:  Went to lunch at Oregano's with friends. 
 Friends + Oregano's = a happy day.  There were 9 of us, so we were very cozy in our booth.

Sunday, September 5th:  I got to hang out with these cuties:
The first Sunday of the month means family home evening with everybody, at my mom's house.  My mom is awesome (or crazy) to have us all over once a month.  Good times.

Stacy made caramel cupcakes for dessert.  They were so awesome.  She is the cupcake queen and needs to open her own business.  I was too busy eating the cupcakes to take a photo of them.  Sorry.

Monday, September 6th happiness:  No school for Joe and no work for me.  That means sleeping in and orange rolls for breakfast (it really is amazing I don't weigh 500 pounds.  I love food).
Since Joe has gotten back into his jerkin' (for those of you who don't know, 'jerkin' is a type of hip hop dancing) lately, I thought he might like to go see Step up 3.  Ok, so maybe I really wanted to go see it again and I used Joe as an excuse, but either way, we went, and he loved it too!
Look how happy we are after the movie:  
Well, I am happy, Joe just looks a little frightened of me.

Here is Joe practicing some of his sweet moves.  He is BFAB (born from a boom box).  He really is pretty awesome at it.  You should ask him to show you some time.
Tuesday, September 7th:  Yesterday, Brian and I went to Bath and Body Works, a dangerous, dangerous store.  They had all of their Fall fragrances.  We bought way too much.  My favorite thing we bought was the Caramel Apple hand soap, and Caramel Apple Wallflower. 
When I got home from work today I was greeted with the yummy smell of Caramel Apple - fantastic!

Wednesday, September 8th:  Today one of the kids at school brought in a treat for their birthday.  It was a variation of my Aunt Denises' Krispy Cookies.  He called them "Special K Bars".  Instead of making them with Rice Krispies, they made them with "Special K".  So so so delicious.  =)
Thursday, September 9th:  Tonight, Joe and I went and saw Step up 3 again.  Should I be embarrassed to admit that?  Maybe.  Am I?  No.  It was awesome again.  These are my 2 favorite characters in the movie:  Jason (a.k.a. twiTch) and Moose.
This guy (Madd Chadd) is also amazing.
Friday, September 10th:  Tonight for family movie night, it was Brian's turn to pick.  We watched Leap Year.  I love this movie.
Saturday, September 11th:  Joe and I went and saw Step up 3 again.  No, I am not even kidding.  This time we saw it in 3D.  Good times.
That's it for now.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I love this blog. I really believe that most of the time happiness is a decision you make. I love that you take the time to look for the happy moment each day.

Sheri said...

I love this post. Mostly because it featured Step Up 3 and Me! Also, the food all looked and sounded so good. We need the recipe for those Special K bars. And I'm bummed we were out of town when Chris and Merilee were here. They are 2 of my favorite people.

Karen Lambson said...

I love reading your blog. Keep up the good work. I agree with Sheri on the Special K bars, and who made those orange rolls? I would like that receipe too!