Saturday, October 23, 2010

California Dreaming - Happy Anniversary to Me

M2B =) days 231 - 238.  Thursday, September 23rd - Thursday, September 30th:

Thursday, September 23rd happiness:  Today after work, Brian and I took off for our anniversary weekend trip.  This is the first trip in 5 years where it is just the 2 of us.  I got this photo as we were driving through the Arizona desert:
I was so happy to be headed West.  ("The yellow one is the sun!")

Friday, September 24th happiness:  Brian surprised me today with a day at Disneyland.  
He knows I love Halloween, and he knows that I love all things "Nightmare Before Christmas".  And in October at Disneyland the Haunted Mansion meets Nightmare Before Christmas.  It's my favorite.  I think they should just leave it that way year round.  It is better than the original.  I love Jack the Pumpkin King.
I also happen to love the Buzz Lightyear ride.  I'm not bragging or anything, but I totally beat Brian!
Good times.
They changed Space Mountain to Ghost Galaxy, and it was fantastic.  Loved it.
We also got to see Captain EO.  It was so cheesy and fantastic.  I loved it.

Saturday, September 25th:  Today was beach day.  Oh how I love the beach.
We saw tons of dolphins.  I tried to capture them, but they all look so far away.  What this tells me is that I need a better camera lens (hint hint).
I finally found some time to start reading the book for M.E.L.S. this month.  There is nothing like sitting on the beach, toes in the sand, reading a good book.  
We stayed until sunset, of course.

My favorite picture of the day:
Sunday, September 26th:  We quite literally took the scenic route home.
Even though it was sad leaving Cali, I couldn't wait to get home to this:
We hung out on the bed tonight and talked for a while.  It was great.

Monday, September 27th:  It made me happy today to see Bob and Brian hanging out.  Bob is still wearing the sad cone on his head.  He doesn't get to take it off until Saturday.  He was laying on Brian, purring up a storm.  

Tuesday, September 28th:  Guess what Brian brought home today:
Does that mean it's holiday season yet?  I can't wait.

Wednesday, September 29th:  Happy Anniversary to Me (and Brian too, I suppose).

I got called up to the office during work today, where these were waiting for me:
Yes, they are gorgeous, and ridiculously huge.  The ladies at the front office loved them so much, they made me take the long way back to my classroom, so I could parade them around the school.  It was not an easy task.  They are heavy.  I had to balance them on my hip while holding them with both hands.
Just gorgeous.  Then, when I got home, The new Jimmy Eat World cd, and The Killers Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD were waiting for me.  Today was a good day.

Thursday, September 30th:  Tonight was book club.  I actually finished the book on time, and found the house ok.  I've missed the last 2 months.  It was really good to get out of the house for a while.  And, any day that I can talk about books is a good day.

That's it for now.

Happy Day!


2 comments:

Sheri said...

It looks like you had a great time on your trip - you deserve it!

I love the flowers - gorgeous!

Happy belated anniversary.

What makes me happy is when you post what makes you happy :)

Teresa said...

What a great anniversary! I'm jealous. I love love love the beach! Someday I will make it to Disney for Halloween; it sounds like something great to see.