Saturday, October 16, 2010

Books and music and other good stuff

M2B =) days 220 - 230.  Sunday, September 12th - Wednesday, September 22nd.

Sunday, September 12th happiness:  Today I took a loooong Sunday nap.  I so needed it.  It was fantastic.  I love lazy Sunday's.  It makes up for the craziness of the rest of the week.

Monday, September 13th happiness:  I finally finished reading Life of Pi.  It was our book club pick from like 2 months ago.  It took me forever to finish because I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to.  I actually kind of liked it.  So many people told me it was a long and kind of boring read.  I guess I wasn't expecting much.  Maybe that's why I liked it.  Who knows.  All I know is that I love to read.
Tuesday, September 14th happiness:  Joe and I went and saw Step Up 3D again.  Don't judge me.

Also today, I had a bad case of the grumpies.  Do you know what is good for chasing the grumpies away?  Good music.  Rocking out to Muse, "Uprising" in the car helped put me in a much better mood.  The music in that song is just fantastic.  I heart Muse.
Wednesday, September 15th happiness:  Adam has been on me to read this book for a long time.  I keep promising him that I will.  But, with me working and barely having time to finish my MELS books, I just haven't had the time.  Today I started.  I am only 1 chapter in and I am already hooked.
Adam just seems to know what I like.  Nearly every book he has recommended to me, I have loved and several of them have ended up on my favorites list.  I think this is a trilogy.  I can't wait to read some more.

Thursday, September 16th:  One of the perks of working at a school, is that I often get to take these guys home.
I am enjoying having a little extra time to spend with Max and Ben.  I love talking to them on the way home, or just listening to their conversations.  They are awesome.

Also tonight - Rosati's.  Why is their pizza so evil good?

Also tonight - Big Bang Theory.  This was another of Adam's suggestions for me.  
I am loving this show.  Brian and I are loving watching it together.  It's good stuff.

Friday, September 17th:  Today was NFL day at our school.  They called it NFL day, but it was more like Cardinals day.  Everyone in the school came dressed in Cardinal's colors.  At the end of the day we had all types of fun outdoor, football activities for the kids to participate in.  The day ended with a flag football game between the teachers and the parents.  I must be crazy because I volunteered to play.  The teachers lost badly, but that was to be expected.  It was still fun.

Ben:
Max:
Me:
The only downside to NFL day was that it was at 1:30 in the afternoon and it was at least 105 degrees outside.  We were outside for an hour and it was like an oven.  

Another happy moment today:  I was in the hallway with my class today, and one of my kids came up to give me a hug, then another and another.  Before you knew it, we were one big group hug taking up the entire hallway.  It was awesome.  I have the best class!

Saturday, September 18th happiness:  Joe and I happened to be driving West tonight around sunset.  The sky was gorgeous.  It was so picturesque.  There was a glaring orange sunset behind the purple mountains, and a palm tree.  It would have made the most awesome picture, but sadly I did not have my camera with me.  Oh well.  Mental picture I guess.  

Joe and I crashed the Trezise house tonight.  We just showed up to hang out for a while.  And I am so glad we did.  Joe ran around the neighborhood with the kids while Sheri, Ian and I had some music therapy.  They had taped on their DVR several music performances that I just HAD to see.  We watched Brandon Flowers, Vampire Weekend, and Paramore.  All really good stuff.  For me, music therapy makes everything better, and I sooo needed it today.   Thanks for letting me crash, Sheri.  You are awesome.

Sunday, September 19th:  More music therapy today.  I spent some of my lazy Sunday watching AAR videos on you tube.  Yes, I am a music junkie.
Monday, September 20th:  I had to pick up Brian from work today.  While I was waiting for him to come out, I took this photo:
In the car Brian and I heard "Everybody's Changing" by Keane.  It happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time.  In case you can't tell, good music makes me really happy.

Tuesday, September 21st:  Late last night, Bob, our indoor/outdoor cat, got in a fight and got scratched up pretty badly.  It was really sad.  Early this morning Brian took him in to the vet where he had to have staples and stitches put into his leg.  I was worried about him all day.  After work I had to go pick him up.  We have previously had to put 2 cats to sleep, so I was grateful that Bob is going to be ok.  He does have to wear the cone on his head for 10 days, and he does NOT like it.  He is really out of it.  It is quite funny and sad at the same time.  Here he is resting on the couch:
Today I am happy that he is going to be ok.

Also today - Brian and I are total Food Network junkies.  Especially Brian.  He likes to cook, and I am always telling him that he watches all these cooking shows, he should at least try out some of the recipes.  Tonight he did.  He made us this:
Yummy pasta with chicken and alfredo sauce.  We have tried homemade alfredo sauce on a few occasions, and it is never very good.  This, however, was to die for.  It was heaven in a bowl.  Thanks Brian.

And, Finally.....

Wednesday, September 22nd:  Tonight for mutual the girls played night games.  First we played Murder in the dark.  I got murdered second.  Shows how much I am loved.  Then, we went outside and played kick the can.  It was fun.  And, it reminded me of being a kid and playing murder in the dark in my parents basement, and kick the can, in our neighborhood.  I am coming to realize more and more as I get older, just what a great childhood I had.  Had a lot of fun tonight, until one of the girls hurt her foot.  I felt really bad for her. 

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Poor Bob...hope he is better soon.

Brian said...

Everybody's Changing is, I think, my All-time favorite song...by anyone.

The Chicken Alfredo was sooooo good.

Bob wasn't scratched. Bob was gouged in his front let to the bone, had a big chunk of skin missing on his back leg, and had a puncture wound on his chest. The vet didn't know if he was in a fight or got hit by a car.

Sheri said...

I love hanging out with you. I'd wish you'd come by more often. Also, you are pretty much Ben and Max's favorite person. They love you so much. Thank you for helping me out - you are awesome!