Monday, May 24, 2010

More of May's Happiness

M2B =) days 92 - 99.  Friday, May 7th - Friday, May 14th.  

Friday, May 7th:  I went to Deseret Book today.  It has probably been a year since I set foot in there.  As much as I love the smell of Barnes and Noble (books & coffee), I forgot how great the smell in Deseret Book is.  I forgot that they have a Lion house bakery inside.  The smell of fresh baked rolls as you walk in the door - yum.  I almost caved and bought some homemade orange rolls, but I didn't.  I was so hungry at the time, I probably would have eaten them all in the car on the way home.  Instead, I just smelled them.  Almost as good as eating them.  It made me happy.  Also, a book that I have been really wanting to read was on sale for $4.99, so I just HAD to get it.  

Saw this today at my mom's.  How could a sunny, yellow flower NOT make you happy?
Saturday, May 8th happiness:  Went and saw Ironman 2 with Brian and Joe.  LOVED it.  I liked it better than the first one.  It's fun to find a movie that all of us can enjoy.
Also, Joe has taken up a new hobby.  It's called Jerkin'.  It's a type of hip-hop dancing.  He's been doing it for a few weeks now, and he's getting really good.  Some of the moves include the reject, pindrop,  sponge-bob, and footwork.  The next time you see him, ask him to show you some of his sweet moves. 
Sunday, May 9th:  Happy Mothers Day!  Brian and Joe made sure I had a very happy day.  And I got some awesome presents:  Glee tickets, and a new wedding ring that is freaking huge.   Also today we did lots of visiting.  We drove down to see Brian's mom and had a wonderful mother's day brunch.  Also, we found the hugest lady bug ever in her garden.  If I was smarter, I would have taken a picture of the ginormous lady bug next to a regular size one, so you could see the difference, but I didn't, so you will just have to imagine it.  It was about 2 - 3 times bigger than the regular ones.
On the way home I had to stop and take a picture of this awesome trees.  I guess I have a thing for tree's (and clouds).  
Next we went and visited my mom.  No, this isn't a photo of my mom, but Michael was too hilarious to pass up.
Monday, May 10th:  Finished reading 'Saving CeeCee Honeycutt'.  My mom recommended this one.  I loved it.  It makes me wish I lived in the south and was friends with all of these eccentric, strange, colorful women.  Good stuff.
Tuesday, May 11th:  No photos for this one.  I spent a lot of the day pulling weeds in the back yard.  It doesn't make for good photos, but It feels good to work.  And it wasn't too hot today, because if it was, you KNOW I would not be outside.

Wednesday, May 12th:  Got to go and watch Jared Ammon run tonight.  He is so awesome.  I am so impressed with his determination and his hard work.  He just started running track last year, and he is fantastic.  It was fun to be there and cheer him on.  
Thursday, May 13th:  Today was Krispy Kreme's anniversary.  $2.00 for a dozen doughnuts.  Brian got up early this morning and got us some.  Yum.
Friday, May 14th happiness:  Today when I stepped on the scale, I saw a number that I haven't seen since before I was married.  THAT is a GREAT feeling.  It's a good thing I DIDN'T eat those orange rolls from the Lion house bakery.  Woo hoo!

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I need to see some of Joe's moves.

Brian said...

I wonder WHY you liked Iron Man 2 so much?!?! Hmmm...(that's not me wondering btw...I KNOW why you liked it!!)

Also, the ring wasn't good enough for you to take a picture of? OUCH! haha...

Joe said...

i think the middle pic of me is my favorite: the pindrop haha!

Teresa said...

I want to see video of Joe's moves!