Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy April part 3. Finally!

M2B=) days 77 - 85.  Thursday April 22nd - Friday April 30th.  

Now that we are a third of the way into May, I thought I'd finish up April.  Someday I'll catch up.  Maybe, maybe not.  Oh well.

Thursday, April 22nd:  This morning I got to hang with this bunch.  We played toys and ate popcorn and watched a movie.  Good times.
This clown is making the rounds at my mom's house.  It is widely known that most of the Gonzales family is scared of clowns.  Someone at that house keeps moving this clown around, so that when you least, expect it....there he is - looking at you.  Creepy and hilarious at the same time.  He has been spotted in the window, on the mailbox, in a tree...today he was in a bush in the backyard.  
Also today:  Gorgeous clouds.  
Also today: Joe, Brian and I went to Oregano's for dinner.  Yeah, today was a pretty happy day all around.

Friday, April 23rd happiness:  Movie night again.  This week was Brian's pick - The Emperor's New Groove.  It is hands down my favorite Disney movie.  Funny stuff.
Saturday, April 24th happiness:  Brian, Joe and I, along with a number of people from our ward drove to see the new Gila Valley Temple.  The rough part was that we had to get up at 4:30 a.m.  The fun part was the road trip.  I love a good road trip.  We brought doughnuts, and listened to tunes, and had a good time.  We got to drive through the Tunnel in Superior.  You know what that means:  Windows down, lots of screaming, and horn honking.  

The temple was gorgeous and I am glad that Joe got to go through it.  He did get to see the Snowflake temple before it was dedicated, but he was 4 and didn't really appreciate the experience.  If I was smarter, I would have had someone take a picture of me, Brian and Joe together, but oh well.
There was snow on Mt. Graham.  It was gorgeous.
Sunday, April 25th happiness:  I really enjoyed the first speaker in church today.   Best sacrament meeting talk I've heard in a while.  It did a lot to lift my spirits.

Monday, April 26th was kind of a rough day.  I wasn't feeling very good.  I spent a lot of time on my big cozy couch today.  I love that couch and today it was my happiness.

Tuesday, April 27th I got to go see Max in his kindergarten "bug" play.  He was awesome of course.  I have such a soft spot for this kid.  Max is awesome.  As a plus, I also got to see Sami.  She was the cutest ladybug ever.  Sadly, my photo of Sami turned out blurry, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Wednesday, April 28th happiness:  Brian and I were watching Letterman tonight, and caught his "small town news".  I think that's what it's called.  Anyway, they show things that have actually appeared in newspapers.  We could not stop laughing.  My favorites were an add for bananas that showed a picture of bananas, and the ad said "curved yellow fruit, on sale."  I also enjoyed the want ad that said: " Wanted:  Someone to travel back in time with me.  This is serious.  Safety NOT guaranteed.  I will pay you when we get back."  We could not stop laughing.  I love watching t.v. with Brian late at night.  Everything is hilarious when you are really tired.

Thursday, April 29th happiness:  Book club, or should I say: The Meeting of the Elite Literary Society.   I really enjoyed this month's book.  One of my favorite books EVER.  You know it had to be a good read because we actually spent the majority of the time discussing it.  
Friday, April 30th happiness:  I got to go to see Ben (aka: Pat Tillman).  He was awesome.
I also got to go watch Jared Ammon run tonight.  He did awesome.  He broke his personal best record, set a record for the meet, and beat everyone else by at least 10 seconds.  I've been watching the video's of him run that Paul has been posting on line, but being there is even better.  Woo hoo!
That's it for April.  And that's it for now.

Happy Day!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

You are the best aunt. If anything ever happens to me I want you to raise my children. They all love you so much. And so do I.

Brian said...

That Letterman was one of the funniest things I have EVER seen!!! Curved yellow fruit. OMG I thought I was gonna wet myself. Oh wait, I did...oops! Haha..

Teresa said...

I really didn't need to know that Brian...

Love that clown idea...very funny.

AZ Hey-mon said...

really? the best speaker you had heard in a long time? I believe I spoke just a few short weeks before that...... And These is my Words is one of my new favorite books also. That was such a fun night. I loved talking about it.
You are the best. Thanks for taking the pictures of my family at the Temple.

Kim said...

Um, Karen, you KNOW i loved your talk. You made my cry and Joseph kept asking what was wrong with me. I told him "there are too many answers to that question."

Brian said...

Yeah, thanks Karen!! Jerk, making my wife cry.... I would never do that!!!!!