Wednesday, May 19, 2010

baseball, movies, family, and floss

M2B =) days 86 - 91.  Saturday, May 1st - Thursday May 6th.

Here we go again:

Saturday, May 1st happiness was watching James play baseball.  Brian, Joe and I all went together.  We got to hang with Jared. =)  We sat, we talked, we watched, the weather was nice - not too hot.   James is awesome!
Sunday, May 2nd happiness:  Since we missed our Friday night movie this week, Joe and I watched a Sunday afternoon movie.  We borrowed Fantastic Mr. Fox from the Gonzo's.  I never really had any desire at all to see this movie, but I really liked it.  There were a lot of clever moments in it.  My favorite had to be when the bully was picking on Mr. Fox's son.  His cousin comes over and takes of his shoe.  The bully asks: "why'd you take your shoes off?"  The fox responds: 'So I don't break your nose when I kick it."  He then proceeds to take out the bully with some precision karate moves.  The bully walks off crying.   Then the fox being picked on turns to his cousin and says: "I can fight my own fights."   "No you can't" his cousin responds. Good stuff.  
Also tonight, FHE.  I loved this photo of everyone crowded around Paul's laptop to watch a video of Jared's latest track win.  I love how intently Ro is watching the video.  I also love Addy's face in this photo too.
Later, during the talent portion of the evening, Michael and Alex performed a silly song from their upcoming school play.  It was great.
Ok, no photos for the next few days.   Oh, well.

Monday, May 3rd happiness:  Had a really busy day, but also got a lot accomplished.  I love feeling that at the end of the day.

Tuesday, May 4th:  So, I have had a song that keeps popping in my head lately.  It's been stuck in there a while, and I couldn't for the life of me remember who sang it.  That kind of thing really irritates me.  I know it's in there somewhere, I just can't make my brain remember.  Well, today, out of the blue, it came to me.  It just popped in my head.  Now it won't drive me crazy anymore.  Hey, it's the little things that make us happy, right?

Wednesday, May 5th:  Ok, so Brian and I both have allergies, and get bad sinus headaches, and congestion.  So, a while back, Brian bought this stuff called Sinus Buster.  It's got capsaicin pepper in it.  You shoot it up your nose, and believe me, it clears your sinuses.  It is painful and will make you cry - not kidding, but it totally works.  So, when I am desperate enough, or basically when I complain so much, that he makes me do it, I use it and then I cry while my sinuses clear.  Why the long story?  Because today, I had the pleasure of watching Brian spray the Sinus Buster up his nose.  Feel the pain baby!  (I know I am mean - don't judge me.  You aren't there when he is laughing at my pain).  

Also today - free lawn mower.  Gotta love Craig's list.  Brian did have to drive to Queen Creek to get it, but our lawn mower died about 2 weeks ago, so it was desperately needed.  Free = happy.

Thursday, May 6th happiness:  Yes, it is another photo of Joe at the doctor's office.  I think it is awesome.  I won't give up Dr. Gentile until I absolutely have to.
Also today, I watched Josh play with this wad of dental floss for about 30 minutes.  It's amazing how it doesn't take much to keep kids happy.

Tonight was awesome, because Joe sat and focused and did his homework non stop for like an hour.  This is huge people.  He usually tries to take a break every 5 or 10 minutes.  It really helped that it was a creative writing project for Language Arts.  He really loves that kind of stuff.  It was nice to know that he CAN focus.

That's it for today.  I'm out

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love that picture of Joe. it's awesome.

Teresa said...

So, what was the song?