Monday, July 2, 2012

james.......and other stuff

M2B =) days 790 - 796.  Sunday, April 15th - Saturday, April 21st happiness.

Sunday, April 15th happiness:  Every so often our ward does something called BYD - Bishop Youth Discussion.  All of the Young Women and Young Men meet together and Bishop teaches a lesson and leads a discussion.  I love our Bishop.  He is awesome.  He gave such a good lesson today.  It was about Butter and Honey and Briars and Thorns.  Learning to choose only the butter and honey, or the good things in life.  It would take up too much room to go into detail, but it left such an impression on me that I will never forget it.  I am glad that Joe was there to hear it too.  I hope he got as much out of it as I did.

Monday, April 16th happiness:  james concert tonight!  I was soooooo tired and didn't really feel like going, but I knew this was probably a once in a lifetime chance to see them.  I am SO glad I went.  We went with Sheri and Ian and had such a fantastic time.

Tim was sick and I don't think he was feeling it much at first, but the crowd was so awesome, that I think we soon put him in a good mood because he TOTALLY got into it and was loving it.  He even came down into the crowd and walked around and danced with us as he sang.

It was such a small venue that it was so awesome to have that up close experience.  For sure and by far one of the best concerts I have ever been too.  

There is something about music that just lifts my spirits like nothing else.




 I was soooo tired at work that next day, but it was totally worth it.

Tuesday, April 17th happiness:  The nap I took after work today.

Wednesday, April 18th happiness:  Today was AIMS testing at our school.  Once the test starts, the kids are not to get up out of their seats for ANY reason, until all of the tests are turned in.  Also, before the test started, Mrs. J handed out a peppermint for the kids to suck on during the test.  I guess peppermint is supposed to help stimulate brain function?

We weren't even one minute into testing when I notice a girl in the back row is freaking out.  She has swallowed her mint and it is stuck in her throat.  She is quietly raising her hand because she thinks she is choking and is sure she is not allowed to get out of her seat.  We get her water, all is well.

Then, this afternoon, Mrs. J hands out the mints again.  Not one minute in, a boy is freaking out because he too, has swallowed the mint and it is stuck in his throat.  He is not so quiet about it though, and has the attention of the whole class.  We get him water and he gulps it down so fast, that it starts coming back up.  So, he runs to the garbage can and throws up the water and the mint.  Another boy across the room starts yelling, "he is barfing.  Oh my gosh, I can see him barfing!"  As he is yelling this, HIS mint shoots out of his mouth and across the room.

Needless to say, there will be no more mints during AIMS testing.  It is just too much for the kids.

I found it all to be quite hilarious.

Thursday, April 19th happiness:  I felt so good and had so much energy this afternoon.  It was awesome.  It is the first day in a while that I didn't come home and just crash.  I went grocery shopping!  Woo hoo!

Friday, April 20th happiness:  It has gotten way too warm, way too soon.  So, this afternoon/evening, Brian, Joe and I turned the air down and pretended it was still winter time.

Joe even busted out the slanket, it was so cold.  Loved it!

Saturday, April 21st happiness:  Sheri and I went to see a movie.  Any day that I get to hang out with my sister is a happy day!

Happy Day!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

LOVED that James concert. So fun. so cool.

And I love hanging with you the best.

also loved the movie because c'mon...Zach Efron??? Yes, please