Monday, February 20, 2012

family, food and friends

M2B =) days 690 - 694.  Thursday, January 5th - Monday, January 9th happiness:

Thursday, January 5th happiness:  Tonight we went out to the Keg with Steve, Elise, Chris and Merilee while they were still in town.  Sheri, and Marcy also came!  I had never been to the Keg before.  It was great.
We sat out on the patio next to the fireplace.  Nice.  It was a fun evening, hanging with friends.  Steve introduced me to "W" bands and eating dessert first.

The food was delicious.  We started with the Santa Fe Chicken Dip.  It was SO yum!  I had steak for dinner - mmmmm.  Good friends, good food, makes for a happy day.

Friday, January 6th happiness:  Brian and I went to see We Bought A Zoo.  LOVED IT!
It was one of the best movies I have seen in a while.  I laughed, I cried.  It was all good.

Saturday, January 7th happiness:  Today we "had a day", as Brian likes to call it.  Thanks to Sheri's generous birthday present, Joe, Brian and I went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory.

And, thanks to Steve's advice, we ordered dessert first.  Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel Cheesecake.  
Joe didn't take one bite.  He has pretty much quit eating sugar.  He started in early December.  Who quits eating sugar in December?  Anyway, I didn't think it would last, but it has.  I am so proud of him.  I wish I could do the same, but alas, I am weak.

After lunch, Brian and I went out and about and did some shopping.  It was fun.

Sunday, January 8th happiness:  Family Home Evening!  I don't get to see these kiddos nearly as much as I used to before I started working, so I LOVE family home evening.  I get to see (almost) all of my family all at once.

Alex, Dallin, Michael and Joe helped my mom with the lesson.
This cutie was showing off her new guitar.
My favorite photos of the night:

Love it!

Monday, January 9th happiness:  Left over Christmas candy.  I honestly can't believe that the bells lasted this long.  I love them SO much.  It's probably because Brian bought me several bags.
I bring them to school and leave them in my desk.  That way, when I take Max and Ben home, I can share.  They love the bells almost as much as I do.

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the picture of the little kids. It is so cute.

Brian said...

You didn't give Steve credit for our new eating tradition...DESSERT first!!!!

Kim said...

Yes I did. I said, "and thank's to Steve's advice, we ordered dessert first". Isn't that giving him credit?

Sheri said...

You got some awesome pics of FHE. And I also have been taking Steve's advice about dessert first - what's better than dessert???