Sunday, February 5, 2012

Boxing Day and Cabin Trip

M2B =) days 680 - 684.  Monday, December 26th - Friday, December 30th happiness:

Monday, December 26th happiness:  Today was the first time I have ever celebrated Boxing Day!  

Sheri, Evan and I went to Teresa and Stuart's house to hang out and eat yummy food.  It was a lot of fun!   Stuart is Canadian and so I asked him what exactly Boxing Day was.  He said that in his family growing up, Christmas Day was for immediate family celebration, and Boxing Day was the day you opened up your home to friends and visitors.  People would come and go and eat and hang out and just enjoy each other.  ( I really hope I got that right!)

So, we hung out and had a good time!  Teresa and Stuart always throw a great party.

It was so much fun that I didn't take any photos except for a couple of Evan in the play room.  I am kicking myself because I really wanted to get a photo of Kevin, Alena and Sofia together!  

After celebrating Boxing Day, Sheri and I went to see Sherlock Homes.  I may love Robert Downey Jr. a little bit (or a lot).  Fantastic movie!  I think it was my favorite movie of the year.

Tuesday, December 27th happiness:  Today's happiness was nothing.  As in I had absolutely nothing I HAD to do today!  It was wonderful.  December is always busy.  And I feel like I have just been going and going.  It was nice to have a day to sit home and do nothing.

Wednesday, December 28th happiness:  More going today - errands to run, shopping and packing and cleaning to do.  A nothing day is good, but so is a busy productive day.  Got things done so I can leave for the cabin tomorrow.  woo hoo!

Thursday, December 29th happiness:  Cabin Day!  Not much is happier than that!  We were a little disappointed when we checked the weather for the cabin this week because it is going to be warm.  We were worried there would be no snow.

No worries.  They must have had a ton of snow up there before, because even with it being so warm and some of it melting away, there was still a ton of snow!
So much, that we almost didn't make it in.  Chloe (our car) rides low to the ground.  I though we would get stuck for sure.  We were slipping and sliding all over that road, but she made it!

It is so gorgeous and peaceful here.

Friday, December 30th happiness:  It really is quite warm up here for December.  The boys went for a walk to Chocolate River and came back complaining about how hot it was outside.  They left with coats and mittens and hats and returned like this:

They spent the afternoon working on a snowman (more on that later).
I spent the afternoon working on a puzzle.
We had a fun evening of Rock Band.
It was pretty close to a perfect day!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love that picture of Joe and Michael coming back from chocolate lake

Teresa said...

Sounds like so much fun, despite the snow. Just teasing. I do love snow, but just visiting it, not living in it!