Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer fun

M2B =) days 501 - 505.  Monday, June 20th - Friday, June 24th happiness.

The problem with going out of town a lot in the summer, is that I get way behind on my happy blog.  Oh well!

Monday, June 20th happiness:  For Brian's birthday earlier this month, I went to Bath and Body works to buy him some of his favorite body wash.  I've blogged about it before.  This stuff smells fantastic!  Anyway, I got some good news, and some bad news.  Good news - it is 50% off.  Bad news - it is 50% off because it is being discontinued!  What????  How could they?  I had to stock up.
I actually went back after this and bought 2 more.  I would have bought them all if I had the money.  Sadly, all good things must come to an end.  But at least we have enough to smell fantastic for another year!

Tuesday, June 21st happiness:  While I am a big fan of ice cream, I generally do not like ice cream bars.  Weird, I know.  There is something about having to bite into the ice cream with your front teeth, and then I absolutely hate biting into the bar, and getting the wooden stick.  It is like fingernails on a chalk board.  So, when Brian brought home  this new ice cream bar, I wasn't super excited to try it.
Oh my holey moley is all I can say!  These things are fantastic.  It really is the chocolate coating that tastes sooooo good.  No really - sooooo gooood!  

The ones with the caramel are my favorite.
I later saw the commercial for the Magnum Ice Cream Bars, and it totally made sense to me why Brian decided to try them.  It stars Rachel Bilson.  No wonder why he thought they looked good!

Wednesday, June 22nd happiness:  My mom and dad are using their time share in Scottsdale this week.  They are taking turns letting the boys sleep over.  They stay up late, play cards and swim in the awesome resort pool.  Joe, Alex and Michael got to go tonight.  Joe has been gone about an hour when we get a call.  He has forgotten his swim suit.  What?  How do you go to a resort to swim, and forget your swim suit?  So, Brian and I were kind enough to drive it out to him.  I really think that Brian just wanted to drive his fast new car on the freeway.

While we were there, we had to play a couple of games of 5 crowns with my mom and dad.  Love it!

Also tonight, Brian and I watched SYTYCD.  I know I post about it a lot.  But it makes me sooooooooooo happy.  Tonight I fell in love with Cat Deeley's little yellow dress.  She is like a little ray of sunshine anyway, and tonight, she especially looked like it.  I am in love with this dress.
I may also love Cat Deeley just a little bit.

Thursday, June 23rd happiness:  Today was a fun day.  A do nothing but play all day, kind of day.  Sheri and I drove out to Scottsdale to hang out with my mom and dad.  The boys got to swim.  Joe enjoyed throwing the younger kids around.
Michael was an awesome older brother, and took Josh all around the pool.
Max enjoyed the waterfall.
Josh and Evan loved the splash pad.
Apparently the boys did NOT want to have their photo taken after swimming.
It was too hot for my mom and I.  We went back up to the room and played Nertz and 5 crowns.

After swimming for hours, the boys were hungry.  My mom, Sheri and I picked up pizza and chocolate and soda (don't judge).  We went back and ate pizza and watched SYTYCD, before heading home.  All in all - a fantastic day!  

Friday, June 24th happiness:  After playing all day yesterday, Joe and I worked today.  We cleaned in his room for hours.  We braved the closet - took everything out and threw things away, gave things away, and put things away.  He actually gave stuff away this time.  Usually when we do the deep clean, he has a hard time parting with things, even if they don't fit, or he hasn't used them in years.  

The little boys were happy he decided to part with some of his costumes that don't fit anymore.
Joshua reminds me a lot of Joe.  He is never himself.  He is always in character.  Joe was always like that.  He was never just "Joe".  He was batman, or Clark Kent, or Clayton (from Tarzan), etc.  Always someone else, and always in costume.  Josh is the same way.  He and Evan loved playing with the costumes.  I'm glad someone else can enjoy them as much as he did.

Happy Day!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

OH! We tried those carmel magnum bars a couple of days ago...they are so so so good. LOVE them!

Brian said...

C'mon Teresa, be original! Hahaha

LauraB said...

We need to have a 5 Crowns tournament!!

Kim said...

Yes we do Laura. When and Where?

Sheri said...

Chris at work kept raving about the Magnum bars - we tried them a while ago and weren't disappointed.

Also, any time I spend with you is a happy day :)