Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kids, cookies and cabin

M2B =) days 412 - 413.  Wednesday, March 23rd - Thursday, March 24th.

Wednesday, March 23rd happiness:  I got to hang out with some of my favorite people today.


I even got to see this girl (and her dad), which I hardly ever get to see.
Other happiness today:  Joe went home teaching for the very first time.  I'm such a proud mom.  Also, Sheri put music back on her blog.  I clicked on it and listened to the Format for a long time.  Thanks for reminding me just how much I like The Format.

Lastly, this photo was taken at like 10:30 at night:
I love spring break and making chocolate chip cookies with Joe late at night.

Thursday, March 24th happiness:  Joe asked me yesterday if he could visit great grandma.  It makes me happy that he asked and wanted to go.  I called grandmother, and she said we could visit today.  We brought Josh and Michael with us.

Joe and Joshua:
Grandmother showed us all of her plants she is growing in the back yard.  She gave me a flower to plant when I get home.  She showed Joseph all of her paintings she has been working on.  She knows he likes art and she painted one just for him to bring home.  I thought that was sweet.  And, of course, we couldn't leave grandmothers without being fed.  She whipped up some pastrami sandwiches with cooked onions.  Joe and Michael were a little reluctant to try them, but after they did, they both raved that it was one of the best sandwiches they had ever eaten.

I made sure I took a photo before we left.

After leaving grandmothers house, we hurried home and packed our bags, picked up Xander and Michael, and headed to the cabin.
Any day that ends at the cabin is a great day!

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I need to go see Grandma. I miss her.

Sheri said...

I need to go see her too.

thank you for taking Xander - he had a blast!

LauraB said...

Love the picture of Grandmother - it's very good!

Kim said...

Laura, I agree. I love that picture of her.