Monday, January 17, 2011

More December happiness

M2B =) days 318 - 323.  Sunday, December 19th - Friday, December 24th.

Sunday, December 19th happiness:  I don't know what happened today, but I woke up on the grumpy side of the bed.  It continued (I am sad to admit) during the first 2 hours of church.  I did not want to be there and I was sorely tempted to go home.  But, I had to do part of the lesson in young women's, so responsibility won out.  

Being the Sunday before Christmas, we decided for the lesson today that each one of us in the presidency would read our favorite Christmas story.  I read "A Christmas Prayer" (which is actually Brian's favorite).  I don't know what happened, but after I read that story, my mood did a complete turnaround.  I felt so much better.  I love Christmas stories anyway, but today, the Christmas story truly chased my grouchies away.

Also for today's happiness:

Brian brought this delicious smelling pine bouquet home the other day.  It smells so so good.  It is truly making my house smell like Christmas.  I love it.

Monday, December 20th happiness:  I went for a walk with this kid today, and we ended up at the park.  Good times.
Tonight was our Christmas Family Home Evening.  My mom wanted the grandkids to dress up and act out the nativity.  I thought it was really cute.  
I took lots of pictures, but this one was by far my favorite:

Tuesday, December 21st:  How about this day?  It was gorgeous weather from start to finish.  I had a ton of errands to run today.  If I had to be out and about, at least the weather was wintery and wonderful.

I took this photo at my mom's this afternoon:
It made me happy seeing all of the kids hanging out together.  They love that Jared is back for Christmas.

Wednesday, December 22nd:  Photo shoot with the boys!

I think I took over 200 pictures.  I got some really good individual shots, but I am just posting a few of my favorites of the 4 of them together.




We started to get sprinkled on, so we had to leave.  It was fun while it lasted.

I took a nap this afternoon, and it was awesome.  Naps make me happy. =)

Tonight, Sheri and I went over to Grandmothers to wrap our presents.  This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions.  We get to visit with Grandmother.  She makes gorgeous bows for our presents, and I get all my wrapping done.  No staying up late on Christmas eve.  It's all good.

Thursday, December 23rd:  Joe gave me the best Christmas present ever today.  He cleaned the family room.  So good.  It was a bit of a mess and I was stressing because I did not want a dirty house on Christmas.  He vacuumed, and dusted and fluffed pillows and put things away.  And, he did it all on his own.  I didn't have to threaten him to clean.  It made me so so so happy.

Friday, December 24th happiness:  Merry Christmas Eve.  And what a relaxing Christmas Eve it was.  As per tradition, Joe and I made gingerbread cookies.
Then we watched "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".
Then we stopped by my mom's where he got to open the softest blanket ever.

When Brian got home we went to his parents house to spend Christmas Eve with his family.
His brother Doug and his family came from Utah this year.  We haven't seen them in about 5 years, so that was really cool to have them here.  
We ate, we talked, we ate some more, we unwrapped gifts and hung out and just had a good time.  

When we got home, we did our tradition of opening a gift (pajamas) on Christmas eve.  Joe and I got matching Jack Skellington pj's.  How cool is that?  Brian and Joe got something extra this year.
That is genuine excitement on those faces there.  I got a slanket last year, and Brian and Joe have wanted one ever since.  Slankets are awesome.  Don't even get me started!

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I love those pictures of the boys. I might steal them. Don't be mad.

Also, I love you. You are totally one of my all time, true blue favorite people. I wished we hung out more.

Teresa said...

OK, isn't using a slanket the same as wearing a robe backwards?

Kim said...

Is your robe the softest thing ever? Does your robe have feet pockets? That's right, I said feet pockets. It is the toastiest, softest, best blanket on the planet.

Joe said...

*ahem* you forgot to mention about the awesome guitar player at the nativity play =)

p.s. and dallin too, i guess......... haha jk jk

Teresa said...

OK, I will admit I was mocking you, but now I am seriously interested in the feet pockets. That really does sound pretty good.