Monday, August 30, 2010

pizza and parties and pretzels....

M2B =) days 187 - 195.  Tuesday, August 10th - Wednesday, August 18th.

Tuesday, August 10th happiness:  Today was Rowan's birthday party.  I was honored to be invited.  It was at Peter Piper Pizza.  We had pizza and ice cream and cake and all kinds of fun.
Ruby, was adorable, as usual.
Evan continuously cracked me up.
And I played several games of air hockey with Joshua.  We had to play several.  As soon as Darrel gave him his cup full of tokens, he immediately put them all into the air hockey table.  At least he had fun playing the game.  He loved it.

Wednesday, August 11th:  Today I dropped off a college care package for Jared Ammon.  He is packing up and going off to college tomorrow.  Even though he is just going to ASU, I'm sure we will be seeing a lot less of him.  I hope he drops by every once in a while.  I sure will miss having him around.
Wednesday night for mutual we had a combined activity - luau.  The girls learned a hula dance and the boys learned a dance too.  I was surprised, but pleased that Joe decided to participate.  It was fun.
Thursday, August 12th:  Brian introduced me to these:
I've tried the regular chocolate covered pretzels, but these are the double dipped peanut butter chocolate ones.  They are soooo much better.  I think I am in love.

Friday, August 13th happiness:  The thing that made me happiest today was my bed.  I came home from work today feeling soooo sick and was so happy to just be able to lie down for a while.

Saturday, August 14th:  Today I got to go to Josh's birthday party.
I loved this photo of him blowing out the candles.

Sunday, August 15th happiness:  Is it weird to say that NyQuil makes me happy?  I love this stuff.  I love the way it tastes (not kidding).  And I especially love the way it knocks me out so I can get some much needed rest!  I think I spent the entire day in bed.
Monday, August 16th happiness:  The best thing that happened to me today was when Joe showed me a video after school.  It was a video of a squirrel after he had eaten some fermented pumpkin.  He was totally drunk and running in circles, and couldn't climb his tree.  He kept falling off.  I thought it was kind of sad actually, but Joe thought it was soooo funny.  He was laughing hysterically.  I have never seen him laugh that hard before.  His laughing was so funny, that it made me start to laugh uncontrollably.  I love how laughing is contagious.  Good times.

Tuesday, August 17th:  On Tuesday's, my school sells otter pops to the kids after school.  I was surprised when one of the kids in my class ran up to me and handed me a lime otter pop.  He bought it just for me.  How sweet.  He even happened to pick my favorite kind.
Also on Tuesday - rain - woo hoo!
Wednesday, August 18th happiness:  Tonight at mutual, after we were done with our activity, the girls and I played a game.  They called it "vampires in the dark" (one of the girls is currently obsessed with vampires - but I don't judge, because, hey - who isn't?)  Anyway, it's very similar to the game that we used to play when I was younger "murder in the dark".  It was a lot of fun, and it brought back some fun childhood memories of playing "murder in the dark" in my parents basement.  

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I loved playing Murder in the Dark. But I remember Stacy was always in charge and I hardly ever got to be the murderer.

Teresa said...

That sounds about right Sheri! Hee Hee.

Love pretzel flips, so I'll have to check out that flavor.

I don't get the Nyquil thing you weirdo. That is some nasty tasting stuff! Although it does an excellent job of knocking a person unconscious.

Brian said...

You are right Teresa (wait...did I just say that?!?!), it is some nasty stuff! And look at the alcohol content! Hmmm... I think someone has a problem.

Teresa said...

I guess you don't fall asleep as much as you "pass out" on that stuff!

Kim said...

mmmmm...NyQuil.

Brian said...

You mean Ny-cohol???