Friday, June 11, 2010

More Happy Days

M2B =) days 112 - 120.  Thursday, May 27th - Friday, June 4th.

Thursday, May 27th was a good day.  First, I got to go see one of my favorite people in the whole world graduate from kindergarten.  Why did Max have to go to school?  I miss my buddy.  We used to hang out at Grandma's all of the time.  
Then, Joe had good news when he came home from school.  His art teacher had awarded him with the Most Outstanding Student of the Year award.  As someone who loves and appreciates all kinds of art, this makes me VERY proud.  He came home with a bag full of art goodies and a $25.00 Harkins gift card.  Woo hoo.  He had drawing first semester.  Second semester was 3-D art.  Here are some of the ceramics he made:


Also, Thursday night was book club.  Woo hoo!  While I didn't LOVE the book we read this month, I DO love getting together and talking about it.  Good stuff.

Friday May 28th happiness:  I got to scrapbook today.  Woo hoo.  I always forget how much I like to do it.  Sadly, it wasn't for me.  I am way behind on Joe's books.  It was to help Adam with a project he was working on as a graduation present for a friend.  We had quite a few set backs actually getting the pictures, but after spending all morning rounding them up, we got to scrapbook all afternoon/evening.  I got to scrapbook, and spend time with one of my favorite people.  You can't go wrong with that.
It turns out Adam is very creative and has a good eye for scrapbooking.  Maybe I should enlist his help when I work on Joe's books.

Saturday May 29th:  More scrapbooking.  We literally had a day and a half to finish this book.  The graduation party was at 6.  We got it done with a couple of hours to spare.
Also today, I heard my favorite song of all time on the radio.  It's the little things that count, right?

Sunday, May 30th happiness:  Joe and I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon playing Harry Potter Scene It.  I have read all of the books several times and seen all of the movies, and yet he still beats me nearly EVERY time we play.  I SOOOO had it in the bag this time.  I was waaaay ahead the whole game, but he still pulled it out in the end.  And NO, I DO NOT let him win.  One day Joseph.  One day soon, I WILL beat you.
Monday, May 31st:  We spent a very leisurely Memorial Day together as a family.  Typically we will barbeque and swim at my moms with the rest of the gang, but this year we decided to do just the 3 of us.  It was nice.  Brian made ribs and we watched A Knights Tale.  I forgot how much I really like this movie.
Tuesday, June 1st:  I finally got around to watching the first episode of this seasons So You Think You Can Dance.  It did not disappoint.  I love this show.  Can I go back in time and start over and be a dancer instead?

Wednesday, June 2nd:  This guy graduated from high school.
Whatever!  Time really does go by too fast.  We had a graduation party at my moms.  Lots of food, lots of people, lots of fun.  Paul made this shadowbox of all of Jared's track accomplishments.  It was awesome.  He got a full academic scholarship to ASU, and will be running track there.  I'm glad he's going to school close to home.  Maybe I'll be able to catch a few of his track meets.
Thursday, June 3rd happiness:  Today is the first day (for Joe, anyway) of summer vacation.  Sheri and I took some of of the kids to Bass Pro.  She had to go to the scout shop, and it was right there, so, why not?  The little ones loved watching the fish.  Xander loved scoping out the fishing gear.  He did NOT want to leave.
Tonight, these 2 slept over.  What better way to commemorate the first day of summer break, than to have a sleepover?
Friday, June 4th:  After having Ben and Max at our house last night, Joe spent the day at their house.  They made a fort in the basement.  What could be better than a basement fort?
It reminded me of all of the forts we used to make at our house when we were younger.  Good times.
That's it for now.  Someday, I will catch up and only post One happiness post a day, instead of a weeks worth - but today is not that day, so - oh well.

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Well, you certainly have lots to be thankful for!! Nice photos.

Teresa said...

Forts are the best. I love getting to make them with Jack.

And congrats to Joe. That is some impressive art!

Sheri said...

I love that picture of you and Max. What's your favorite song of all time?

I'm not surprised Joe got that award - he takes after his mom - one of the most talented artists I know!

ducklips said...

I agree with Sheri. You are one of the most talented artists I know.

I love reading about your happiness of the day blog. It's so fun. I would comment on everything, but there is too much to comment on.