Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More November happenings

My mom, Sheri and I decided to beat the rush and take the kids to see Santa BEFORE Thanksgiving.  We took Addy, Rowan, Evan and Joshua.  Only Josh and Ro actually made it onto Santa's lap.  Addy took one look at him and thought "no way".  Evan wasn't having any of it either.  I can't really blame them.  We teach our kids about stranger danger and then bring them to sit on an old man's lap.  

Josh was not scared one bit.  He hopped right up and started talking Santa's ear off.  Rowan was a little more reluctant, but once he saw Josh he decided he'd try it too.

Even though I didn't get a picture of her with Santa, I had to take her picture.  She looked adorable that day.  I think this is possibly my favorite Addy outfit ever.  I can't believe I didn't get even one picture of Evan hiding from Santa.  
Of course I have to add this picture.  How cute is she?
Also this month, Joe decided he needed more minutes for his go phone, but I was not about to just give him the $20.00 he needed.  I told him that he had to earn the money himself.  He decided to bake and sell cookies.  So, one Saturday, we baked and frosted 4 dozen peppermint sugar cookies.  Thanks to all of you who agreed to buy from him.  You really made his day, and he earned enough to get his minutes!
Since we knew we would be out of town for Thanksgiving, the Sunday before, we visited Brian's parents and his sister's family.  Joe and "D" love to get together.  Even though they only see each other every few months, they are great friends.  They made s'mores out on the patio after dinner. 
And, finally:
2 down, 1 to go.  The first one is my tree, the second I did at the cabin when we were there for Thanksgiving.  I also got the lights up on my mom's house.  All that's left is her tree.   Tomorrow I will post the obligatory Thanksgiving photos.  

2 comments:

Teresa said...

OK, Josh looks exactly like his mom! (except the dark hair and eyes that is.)

Those cookies were great. We loved them! And, your trees look beautiful. Great job!

Sheri said...

Those trees look awesome!

Seeing Santa was fun. I definitely got my workout for the day.