Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Town, my street.......

Ok, so working backwards from Halloween - we spent part of October break in San Diego, our home away from home.  Seriously, pulling up to Mission Beach feels like home.

We spent a day with our toes in the sand.  Of course I had to take pictures of my Joe.  What an awesome kid.  These photos reflect why I love hanging out with him so much.  He has so much personality and always makes me laugh.  In case you don't know it.  He is fun to hang with.  

Basking in the sun:

This one is my favorite:

We went for a long walk on the beach and collected tons of sand dollars.  Then we had a big discussion about whether or not sand dollars were alive, and if we were killing them by taking them out of the ocean.  We didn't want to risk it, so we put them all back.

Of course we stayed until sunset.
A friend of Brian's graciously let us stay in his condo.  The balcony overlooked the baseball stadium.  Brian loved that.
We HAD to stop at Seaport Village.  We love the shops.  Also not to be missed, the art.  This is fish art, or as I like to call it:  fart. 
I'm not sure if you are supposed to play on the art, but it didn't stop Joe and Brian.

Brian's friend also lent them the keys to the porsche.  They took it out for a spin.  
Sadly, this is where my camera battery died so I didn't get ANY pictures of Sea World.  Oh well.  We'll just have to go again soon.

And that's it for San Diego.

P.S.  JOE HAS UPDATED HIS BLOG AGAIN.  PLEASE STOP BY AND READ!!!

Peace out!

6 comments:

Brian said...

I wanna go back!!!

Tim said...

Who is that bearded man, and what has done with Brian?!

Sheri said...

I love that Joe is smiling in every picture. The beach = happiness

Teresa said...

The pics are great. Joe looks so happy and content.

Jon said...

If San Diego had a snow covered mountain with a good ski resort on it close by it would be heaven.

Becca said...

I am so glad you got to go to the beach! It is so refreshing!